Autoimmune results are very confusing

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. I have had a really hard year. I suddenly got sick last year in February and lost my gallbladder to a still unknown autoimmune. I have had thorough panels done, but my doctors still have no idea what autoimmune I may be up against and it’s still wreaking havoc. I was hoping maybe if I shared my results someone may be able to at least help point me in the right direction because as of right now I’m fighting this daily on my own with no supportive care available to me. My symptoms have been severe and debilitating. Dizziness, suddenly anemic (never been anemic before), malabsorption, some days can’t see or walk at all and when I can walk I can’t walk more than 30 mins without passing out, I get so fatigued suddenly sometimes and when the fatigue comes on my eyes feel very dry, lots of weight loss unintentional, and my nails have gone to Terry’s nails. I know something is not going right, it’s been a year since this started and before that I was very healthy, playing soccer 4 x’s a week and surfing. I pretty much became home and couch bound when this all started and it has been taking me down since. I’m only 29, female. The results confused me though too. My results are as follows

High positive cerevisiae ab Iga

(Had a colonoscopy done but was negative, upper scope showed chemical gastritis)

Negative ana 

Low levels of anti-dsdna present

Borderline positive RF

SSA protein was positive once and wasn’t positive the next test

C3 complement is on the very low end of normal. 

Low levels of AMA M2 present 3.3

(Bilirubin has been going up for awhile now, my indirect and direct have both been elevated and I do not have Gilbert’s, but even when my gallbladder was inflamed my liver enzymes went extremely low and never went high like in most cases, but my liver enzymes have been abnormally low the last 6 tests still and getting lower, I’m producing less than 5 alts now, alt to ast ratio is 2.4, mrcp showed unorganized fluid in my gallbladder fossa but no pbc in my ducts, I’m 7 months out from gallbladder surgery so not sure why I’d still have fluid there but all of the surgeons said it’s likely normal and that low alts are a good thing? I felt uncertain at this point because I used to have really healthy normal levels of alts and when I got sick they have just continued to go and stay low. They were at 20-30 before). 

If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions I would be very grateful. I’ve seen so many doctors who have no idea how to help me and I’m afraid if I don’t find help soon, I’m not going to beat this and not having any supportive care whatsoever as I go through this daily has been very difficult.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried calprotectin stool test? You can order online. They can show some degree of IBD like Crohns.

Try also to remove dairy, sugar, processed food and gluten from your diet, or anything you suspect it's bad.

• Posted

hi danielle.  sweetie, i have been there!  i'm still there five years later gathering more issues as i go.  doctors did a ton of tests on me too and some were consistent and some were not.  some they said were normal when they werent' and some abnormal test results they chalked up to lab error.  you have to be your own best advocate and demand results.  i've been diagnosed but nothing has been helping.  take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.