Autonomic dysfunction?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is anyone able to offer some insight into autonomic dysfunction and an opinion re my daughter? Really struggling to get anywhere with health professionals / progress is extremely slow

She is especially struggling with the heat at present, it makes her a lot worse

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

In my experience autonomic dysfunction is caused by some underlying or external condition. In my case it is sometimes triggered by my autoimmune disease, myasthenia gravis. I've also had it triggered by dense forest fire smoke. It is usually treated by treating or removing the condition. Symptoms are limited only by the autonomic nervous system. From my experience I have found doctors do not understand the condition well.

The heat may be affecting some underlying condition, causing the dysfunction to worsen.

• Posted

Get plenty of rest and drink more fluids. Glucose is good for energy but i wouldnt drink or eat too much of that because its high in sugar.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.