Autonomic Seizures

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

At the end of November , I stupidly accepted a piggy back after a few beers.... unfortunately I went straight over the top smacked my head on the floor. I don't remember what happened before the incident and I think I may have briefly blacked out. The following day I went to the hospital , had a skull xray - nothing broken but suspected a mild concussion. Had a very large bump on my head , and definately concust. I felt strange in the hospital and actually thinking about it I think it was similar to the episodes I am experiencing now.

At the start of January , I started feeling dizzy and getting palpitations. This quickly developed into a strange intense feeling in my stomach, sweating all over, heart racing, dizzy and feeling very peculiar indeed - sort of out of it. As time has gone on more symptoms have developed. I now have diarreah / stomach upset / shivering which sometimes happens before an episode / during or afterwards. I have also been experiencing xigzag lines in my vision , this is something I have had a while particularly when I look at a bright sky - but more recently I have had brief episodes of the zigzags in a darker room. I also have some strange images when I wake up and I often wake up with a start and then yesterday I had a weird sensation on my right arm - tingling/ shivers senstion looked down and my arm was covers in goosebumps but patches of goosebumps rather than all over my arm - this latest say 15 seconds and then went. The visual disturbances, stomach upsets and goosebumps I havent discussed with the GP as I hadnt tied them together. The GP had me referred me to have my heart checked out and this has been all clear, they presribed me with citalopram for anxiety but I have been taking the pills for 8 weeks and these episodes are worse now. I have been investigating and wondered if these sound like Autonomic Seizures which may have started due to the head injury ? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had another strange episode last night , sweating / heart racing and tingling which started in my legs and radiated up my body. The strange aura zigjag lines have disappeared today after this happened and I feel a bit tired today. Anybody think this could be seizures related ? I am really starting to worry as these just seem to be getting worse all the time. 
  • Posted

Just to be sure I would see a neurologist as primary care doctors are not trained in that area and can give you the wrong diagnosis.. good luck
    • Posted

I just changed my email and name, i was kenatwood but now am kenny52

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.