AV or LP?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies,I was diagnosed with VA around four years ago,I had blood in urine and went for a cystoscopy.

My GP put me on oestrogel and I was fine with it then.

A couple of years ago I had a rectocele repair, and the burning after that was horrendous, all of perineum, rectal area right to front of urethra, I was told I had pudendal neuralgia caused by prolapse repair So have been treated for that in pain clinic. In the meantime, my vulval area has become very sore and swollen, seems worse when I use oesrogel., the pump type you rub into arms or thighs.Wasn’t sure where the pain actually was coming from, so severe, so came off Nortriptyline,( pain med) to see what happened. Pain at the moment is inside labia, tried to have a look with specs on and magnifying mirror. Inside labia is very red and swollen, and there are open sores, looks like the skin is breaking down, and is so painful. Sitting has been a problem for years, and now I am struggling. On top of this, the last two nights I have woken up scratching like mad, which hasn’t helped.

My gynae said I have fair fragile skin, but that was about a year ago, and he referred me to a dermatologist who runs a vulval clinic.

He said I was very inflamed and couldn’t examine me until the swelling had gone down and the skin healed a bit.

he prescribed clobetaol steroid ointment 0.3, I have used this for two weeks now, and still red and sore, but not as swollen.

he had a few things in mind, thought possibly LP.

I go back next week, and have a feeling he may want to do a biopsy which I am already dreading. Has anyone had a biopsy down there? Any info greatly appreciated.

I have a couple of appointments with my daughter, I have to drive to take her and will have to sit for a while, don’t know how!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Ive had a biopsy. It was ok, they used local anaesthetic and its really nothing to worry about. Ask them to check for Plasma Cell Vulvitis. Your problems sound very much like mine and this was my diagnosis.
    • Posted

Thanks Ann, just so painful at the moment, don’t fancy even a gloved hand, let alone a biopsy needle going near me. Were  you sore for long afterwards?

Havent heard of vulvitis, will ask.

• Posted

Hi Laura,            

This cushion got great reviews, I have one similar to this and I use it at work.  I paid 100.00, but this one is only 19.95.  I’ve used in my car also.

AGLLUX  on Amazon

• Posted

Hi Karen, thanks, just looked and can find donut cushions and presure relief ones, but not sure which that one is.
    • Posted

Hi Laura, 

I purchased a donut cushion from Amazon.  After reading many reviews about various products, I decided to make the investment on the one that got the best reviews bc of comfort and durability.  It cost 100,00.  It is rectangular in shape, the down side is that it's a bit cumbersome if you plan to use it at restaurants.  I highly recommend it, but I don't know the name of the product off the top of my head.  I'm sure you'll find it easily on Amazon.  Good luck'

• Posted

Hi Patricia,  I already had a donut one, but not very comfortable, I have back problems as well, and the shape doesnt work for me.

Drivig is one of my worst things, although I have two memory foam ones in the car, they squash down too much and its too painful to sit long enouh to go anywhere. i rarely go out, its mainly medical appointments. I have ordered a Cush cushion, which is a sort of squareish shape, contoured for the thighs as well. I have Prime so should get it today. Over the years I have tried so many diffrent ones, I have a house full of sheets of memory foam and random cushions. Just havent found the right one yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.