Awaiting an esa reassessment

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am really confused and worried at the moment because I have no idea what ATOS will decide if I am fit to work or not.I am also on PIPS as I have had Fibromyalgia for ten years and had shoukder surgery last September that has nit quite healed yet.As I have been in the support group for over a year. I am waiting to be reassessed. If they decide I am fit to work which I want to be, as Iwant my.life back again. I need a job waiting. Do I have to let the DWP know if I am offered a job before the reassessment or can I sign myself off. Also am I right in thinking I have four weeks to try the job out?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Atose no longer do esa asments ,the Best thing anyone can do is get there esa asment taped never turn up two a asment on your own atose only do pip asments know its must off been maxiemus
  • Posted

I know this as I had a esa asment tapet last week turned up with my care ,meds and go supporting letter together with all my meds I had the whole thing tapet they keep one and give you one at the end I asked what are you going two reacher mend she said I can see you have singnefecant problems I will say that in my report so I would assume everything's ok

• Posted

Be honest at your assessment and tell them you're nearly ready to go back to work, hopefully that way they will move you from SG to WRAG. Even if they do leave you in the support group and you find a job, just let them know you want to end your claim.

I don't think they give you four weeks to try the job out per-se, but they should carry on paying your benefit for four weeks (to tide you over before you get paid), this should also be the same with HB 

• Posted

Hi

Have a look at "permitted work" if you google it comes up with some links to dwp gov website etc.

It is a bit confusing but i think you can get advice from disability personal officer at jobcentre regarding working few hrs a week if you are in support group and don't earn more than they allow i think its £115.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.