awaiting assessment for esa

Posted , 4 users are following.

i would like to ask if anyone does try doing any voluntary work while awaiting an assessment.

i have been advised this would be good for me but than told by others that is a set up so they can say you can work so you would not be entitled to esa.

Im very confused as was informed by a community support worker this would be good to find out what im able to do or not do with my dissablities.

Can anyone give me peace of mind as to what the correct thing to do would be please.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You are quite right to be very cautious. You have to notify the DWP prior to starting any PW. They may well consider that what you propose doing may contradict with the reason why you are claiming ESA. 
  • Posted

Hi Janice

I agree with Les whilst in the assessment stage I would stay well away from voluntary work for the reasons already stated.

• Posted

Don't if your fit for voluntary work your fit for payed work wait took you're interview is over and put into a WRAG/or support group

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.