Awaiting consultant appointment

Posted , 2 users are following.

My treatment with NHS has been horrendous, following a vaginal prolapse grade 3 +. Next appointment 22nd January second opinion. When i went to A&E the pain i was dealing with, was off the scale! No pain relief was given within 8 hours. No advice was given either which is totally out of order, pals did not even ring me back, a complaint will be coming in 2020 . The gynaecologist had no empathy skills and did not have time for my care. Being a nurse myself, im totally appalled by the behaviour of some staff !!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

so sorry to hear, which area are you? Did something happen to cause it suddenly such as heavy lifting hence a and e? Our a and e so overstretched near Portsmouth would be similar, though fortunately better for children.

I had grade 3 for around 5 years, anterior repair jan 2018 was unsuccesful and had sacro suspension, hysteropexy, and posterior repair dec 16th 2019. The consultant throughout was amazing and we worked through conservative options and all my indecision and putting it off.

Have you an appointment set with uro gynae consultant to find a way forwards?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.