Awaiting CT feeling scared and lonely

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone..I'm 37 and have 2 girls 6 and 8. Recently been diagnosed with a very large ovarian cyst and 3/4 smaller cysts that are filling the space between both my ovaries so from the uss they are unable to tell where the cyst originated from. I am now on the 2ww pathway and am awaiting a CT and results of bloods which will be followed up by the consultant. He has indicated I will definitely be having open surgery and likely a hysterectomy. I know the likelihood if cancer from cysts is low but right now I can't shake the feeling that this is bad news. I feel really alone as all the people I confide in rightly want to focus on the positive and I feel I can't share my worries. I feel so emotional and can't stop crying ..what is wrong with me?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Stress!! Your entitled to worry you just have to try not to xx I'm having surgery Friday and I'm honestly sh*tting it I'm a single mum to two little ones I don't want to be away from them and I'm worried about recovery xx we all have our stresses xx you need to vent sweet vent here xxx
  • Posted

Hey smile

How are you feeling this morning ? It's a normal thing to worry and think of the worst... Trust me I know. I had my right ovary out in March this year, I had an 11x10x10cm dermoid cyst removed along with my ovary... Since then I have suffered with anxiety and depression! I have also been finding myself worrying about the 'C' word... But you need to try and think positive because you will run yourself down... Scream and shout and type long essays on here because this site really helped me through my recovery with the lovely comments from all the ladies on here smile so get angry and get it all out on here

Sending lots of love and big hugs xxxxx

Stacey xxxxx

• Posted

Thanks both of you. I feel a little better this morning. I just happen to have 2 weeks off work with far too much time to dwell. I go from one minute feeling fine and knowing all will turn out ok to thinking the worst the next. Then I think about the inconvenience of the op and such like and feel guilty for being bothered about such a trivial thing when a minute before I was considering it might be a sinister cyst..all over the place basically. It does feel good to vent though 😀. Thanks for taking the time to reply. Good luck with your surgery 2katy08921.
    • Posted

Hate having nothing to do like you say to much dwelling xx thanks Huni last blood test done today only three more sleeps to go xx I'm the same guilt my mum is having my kids the weekend but I feel awful cuz she's not well lol xx bloody bugs xx hey try and keep your chin up hopefully you will pick up but don't panic if you don't we are entitled to feel everything you do xxx hugs xx
  • Posted

I understand how you feel!!I have been having pelvic and back pain along with leg pain now and cramping in the pelvis.It pulls when I urinate or have a bowel movement.I am STILL waiting to see the gyno and have an appoinment next week.I had one but I got my period late ( which is a first) and have to wait until it ends.This has been going on 2 weeks and the not knowing is killing me.I know there is everything from cysts to fibroids to endometreosis.Its not easy being a women.

Try and focus on the positive and keep busy.I know it's not easy but that's what I have to do until I get to the Dr.

• Posted

Hi kelly1014 did your gp feel a mass on examination? I have had the mirena coil so don't get a period...my consultant suggested that this will have been disguising the bleeding and clots that I probably would have experienced without it and we would have probably realised then that there was a problem. I'm actually surprised that they didn't go ahead and see you during your period.
    • Posted

My gp did not mention feeling anything.he felt around pretty good on my outter lower belly.Im surprised they wouldnt see me too with my period.I told them can't I have a consult or maybe an ultrasound.The problem is I am a new patient so they probably don't much care.I had to find a new dr due to ins reasons ...I am a year over due wuth the gyno too.

weird thing is Im having upper belly pains too,along w having to go potty u less it is 2 different things going on at once.I do have IBS as well.

• Posted

katy08921 wishing you luck and best wishes for tomorrow..hope it all goes smoothly and your recovery is quick xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.