Awaiting diagnosis Myasthenia Gravis need advice pls

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm awaiting diagnosis for potential Myasthenia gravis. I suddenly became very weak and tired 1 week ago. I couldn't hold my head up and could barely open my eyes. I have muscle weakness in my legs and shoulders. I've been trying to walk as much as I can to simulate the muscles and have been feeling mildly stronger and can now hold my head up and my eyes seem better other than early morning, late at night and if I feel stressed. Does this mean I may be ok and I haven't got the disease? Can you get better without medication? The last couple of days I have been getting a lot of leg cramps. Does this mean the muscles are contracting well and therefore I don't have MG? Just wondering other people's experiences prior to formal diagnosis.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

could be lots of things in order to diagnosis myashenia you need to have a single fiber emg and repetitive nerve study, you should also book an app with your eye doctor and get his opinion.
    • Posted

Thank you Will. I've had a blood test and will see what that shows. 

• Posted

You should have your blood tests back. I hope it was good news, if not there are many things worse than MG today.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.