Skip to content

Muscle Disorders

Also known as Baclofen, Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, Glycogen Storage Disease, McArdle’s Disease, Myoclonus, Pompe's Disease, Tarui's Disease, Von Gierke's Disease

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Mystery Symptoms for almost a year

I have so many things it’s gonna take some unpacking so some background: I’m 21 and have had chronic migraines since age 7. They are hereditary and have often sent me to the ER  They’ve gotten better over the years with chiropractor visits and medication but still happen every week and usually …

Posted
  • Throat weaknesses and breathing difficulties

Hello everyone,   I need your opinions. I am currently stuck with undefined illnesses. A long story to make it short. I went through so my tests and doctors.. but not confirmed. These are my symtoms and please tell me what I need to do or want to know what you can think of. -My jaw chewing …

Last reply
  • Someone help

I notice latley my top part of my body like the chest and upper back area have been very sore. I also have a injured shoulder from football. So what i want to ask is can these muscles make it feel like its your heart that is something wrong and also can any of this cause dizziness and shortness of …

Last reply
  • Body weakness

Hello everybody ,I am just 26years old being a girl suffering with these same symptoms since 2012 ,my left side body completely normal but my right side from skull to toe (even chewing ,swallowing I feeI the weakness)and I am losing my muscle strength,I am worrying about my future..no one …

Last reply
  • Muscle twitches and spasms all over body

This particular problem started about 5 years ago, however it was much more mild and not as worrying. The muscle twitches originally started in my feet and legs, and was more of an annoyance than anything. At the time I also had trouble sleeping, so my doctor suggested a sleep study, perhaps the …

Last reply
  • Fasciculations and Fibrillations all over body

Hi. I’m 14 years old, about to turn 15. I’m male and have had twitching on and off for the past 2 years. When I say “on” and “off” I mean, I don’t notice twitches one day, and the next it’s all I can think about because it happens every five minutes on one particular area of my body. Interesting …

Posted
  • Whole body muscle weakness/atrophy on right side

My symptoms are below: -Mid 2006- Felt right leg week when I am exercising. Felt right hand weak and fine tremor. -Did all possible tests and MRI,EMG, everything normal in 2008. -2006-2017 - I let it go and nothing was bothering. -But meanwhile all the length I have observed that my right side of …

Last reply
  • Unknown disorder for 4 years - digestive/muscle problems

Hi there, so I've had this disorder for 4 years now. When it started I was pretty sure that I had IBS. My intestines would make rumbling noises 24/7 and I was paler than a white wall. Never felt any pain though which led me to believe that I must have a different disorder.  For almost 2 …

Posted
  • Recuring muscle knot

I have had this muscle knot that keeps getting worse and going off and getting worse again, its tight it hurts and its painful. Today during a massage the guy said its my diaphram!? So what do i do? How do i find the reason behind the muscle knot? Its painful under my left rivs and back also. Upper …

Posted
  • Lumpy muscle tissue on inner shin... thoughts?

Hi, this is a Wierd question, about 2 months ago I kinda hurt my left shin while running too hard, nothing big just slight pain for a few days.  The other day I was putting on lotion and noticed this odd “lump” on my inner left shin. It wasn’t a lump really, it felt like a rubber band wrapped …

Posted
  • Stitch pain in different places of the stomach

I keep feeling a stitch like pain all over my stomach, sometimes it’s the top of my stomach on the right side just under my ribs, or sometimes the left or both at the same time, sometimes the side of my stomach, or it even feels like it’s towards my back aswell. Sometimes it can feel sharp like …

Last reply
  • help

I hate writing these posts because I never know where to start..I hope this will be my last one..anyway. I keep waking up in the middle of the night with both of my arms feeling SO weird and it freaks me out so bad..you know when you were younger and you'd first wake up and try to clench your …

Last reply
  • Whole left side body pain and muscle mass loss

I had this left side of my wholebody muscle pain off and on since the age of 18. I'm ok for few year or so and than it comes back. I lost muscle mass on my whole left side close to inch and half due to that reason. I had two neck surgery and I thought it would fix the issue but it stays the …

Last reply
  • Right side muscle atrophy for 4 years

Hello! I’m a 30y old female. My symptoms started after taking epsom salt liver flush. It started with twitching and some dents in muscles (all on right side). I felt twitching in my tongue,arms, belly, back and legs-as you can see it is widespread from the start. I wasn’t concerned about twitching …

Posted
  • I have weakness in my arms and legs and I’m drowsey

for the past 5 months I have had a strange sensation in my legs and arms . It’s almost like a jelly feeling or like a feeling that they are tired . I start feeling it as soon as I open my eyes in the morning and it’s so annoying . i also have a pulsing sensation mainly in my legs but it can happen …

Last reply
  • Concernd, any advice is appreciated!

Slight numbness/tingling, tight sensation, that heats up then gets cold in upper right side of right thigh leading to right side of pelvis for the last day and a half. I'm 26 years old and never felt anything like this before. Lately I've been having intense orgasms, so I wonder if I pulled …

Posted
  • Could this be an intercostal muscle knot?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this could be: Back in March I had a month and a half long anxiety attack (which has never happened before). In the middle of this episode I developed a sharp pain in my middle left rib area just below the breast. It soon spread near my sternum …

Last reply
  • Upper Arm Pain

Hi everyone Pleas help.I have a severe shoulder pain when I try to rise my arm sideways ( see picture below for the effected area). Then I get this tingly strange sensation down my lower arm all the way to my fingers. It almost feels like it is neurological. I also get this occasional ' …

Posted
  • muscle heaviness in lower legs and upper arms for > 20 years

Hello I have suffered from a 'heaviness' in both lower leg muscles and both upper arms which comes on during exercise but also felt at rest and is worse in heat. I felt the symptoms in my lower legs first (in 1995 when i was 21) whilst jogging then 3 years later in my upper arms when …

Last reply
  • The Knock on effect of a weak core

Helllo, im after advice/help/information PLEASE I have (i think) Strong rectus abdomins muscles (6pack) Weak transerves abdominal muscles (TVAS) Either way my core appears stronger than it is. I have split abs diastasis recti, been honest, ive had mixed comments in reguards to the state of my …

Last reply
  • Four month old on the job, acute trapezius injury

While attempting to stand up straight in a semi-enclosed metal frame, I contacted a solid metal beam with sharp edges on my right shoulder. I was slightly bent forward in this motion so that the actual contact point was on my upper trap, between my neck and rotator cuff and about 2-3 in. down from …

Posted
  • Too much muscle cramps and voices from neck

Hello, I feel my neck muscles are very weak. I can hear many cramps voices in my neck even I feel that my throat muscles are weak and producing cramping voices as well. What happens actually because of these symptoms I feel the following conditions: 1. I feel very much numbness in my arms. 2. …

Last reply
  • Mildly elevated CK levels. What could this be?

I am a 23 year old male. I had my Creatine Kinase levels checked about 4 months ago which was around 600 U/L. My GP checked it again and results came back yesterday at 466 U/L. They also checked my Vitamin D levels which was at 23. She informed me that that the vitamin d may not be the cause of my …

Last reply
  • A poking-like sensation on various parts of my body

I’m not sure if my case could be classified as muscle disorder, but definitely there is something wrong with it. I’ve been suffering from sleep disorder for the past ten years. One of the symptoms that keep on interrupting my sleep at night is a sensation of a very focused pulsation, a poking-like …

Last reply
  • Mucle wasting on entire right side of body

Hi, I have muscle wasting on my entire right side of body. From Right face chin to right foot. I have burning sensation and pain too, 1) In right foot when i stand 2) In right thig and buttock when i sit 3) In right arm and shoulder when i hold anything 4) In right back when i sleep …

Last reply
  • This is a MIRACLE!!!!

First of all I put this under Muscle Disorders. Maybe after you read it you can tell me which category this should be in. I am one of the least active people there is. I am so inactive I feel like I should get bed sores. Well anyway a neighbor wanted some concrete broken out of a basement and then …

Last reply
  • Upper Arm pain that comes and goes

I am 19 year old male and i have been suffering from upper arm pain for quite sometime.The pain is moderate and comes and goes and is limited to only one part of the arm just below shoulder on the upper side(bicep).I have done two ecgs and 2 echo which are normal so its not related to heart and i …

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.