Skip to content

Muscle Disorders

New discussion Join group Also known as Baclofen, Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, Glycogen Storage Disease, McArdle’s Disease, Myoclonus, Pompe's Disease, Tarui's Disease, Von Gierke's Disease

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • beej198071 1

Constant stiff calf muscle in right leg

Hi Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on I'm a 36 year old man, in reasonable shape, 6ft 1 and I have a fairly sedentary office job although I walk 2 miles a day to the station and back. For the last 6-9 months I have been experiencing pain in my right calf muscle. I feels

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • danR 5

Exercise intolerance. Advice needed.

I am suffering from extreme exercise intolerance. I used to be active (playing tennis, swimming, gym) but lately, my muscles hardly recover after (moderate) exercise. Also, it does not feel like regular muscle pain but rather a continuous burning sensation in the muscles. It affects mainly my arms, shoulders,...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • rsarah21 1

Muscle twitches and spasms all over body

This particular problem started about 5 years ago, however it was much more mild and not as worrying. The muscle twitches originally started in my feet and legs, and was more of an annoyance than anything. At the time I also had trouble sleeping, so my doctor suggested a sleep study, perhaps the

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • krisjb 3

Forearm and calf twitch

For 5 weeks have had twitching that comes and goes in forearm and occasional calf Now sore aching arm for a couple of days Any one else have anything like this? I so worried about what this could be

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • krisjb 3

Right Forearm Twitch - localised

Hi all  4 weeks ago i noticed a twicth in right arm - disappered after 3 days and has now been back for around 2/3 weeks  same please but occasionly i feel it moved into tricep  cause my arm to feel tired sometimes and very very mild stiffness in my right hand. No weakness though  i do have

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • sudhindrajos 1

Myasthenia gravis IVIg

Hi, My Father 79yrs old also having myasthenia gravis for last 8 years. He is under medication . Now he started feeling weakness , not able stand and also not able eat himself. Now Neurologist suggests to go for IVIg or Plasmapheresis . I am not sure how this treatment will be effective . Do we

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • hemantG 1
  • janemadd 1
  • toya46444 2
  • Lethal-godd 2

Baclofen, here goes nothing

So I had an injury few years back and have had reoccurring pain 3 times since. Last bout lasting 4 weeks now. Go has taken me off tramadol and diazepam as he said they're Betty addictive and placed me on baclofen, high dose co codamol and high dose naproxen. Has anyone used baclofen? The diazepam

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • jennifer56446 1

I have neuropathy

I had 2 lumber spinal fusion operations two yrs ago,and after then I started having numbness in my leg and both feet with electric shock pain also I have muscle twitching and waiting for a appointment to see a neurologist.

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • julie290568 1

Awaiting diagnosis Myasthenia Gravis need advice pls

I'm awaiting diagnosis for potential Myasthenia gravis. I suddenly became very weak and tired 1 week ago. I couldn't hold my head up and could barely open my eyes. I have muscle weakness in my legs and shoulders. I've been trying to walk as much as I can to simulate the muscles and have been

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sk8brdkd 2
  • angel10949 2

Body wide twitching for 5 weeks scares it is ALS

I have been having body wide ransoms fine twitching all over. It has been going on for 5 weeks but nothing else is wrong. No abnormal labs normal MRI everything normal but the weird fine random twitching everywhere. Which is a symptom of ALS. I am afraid and have no one to talk to. Anyone else have

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • sk8brdkd 2

Need some Insight and Help Please -- Torn Calf Muscle

I don't know if this is the correct forum but I have no idea what forum this would belong in. 3 weeks ago, I had a skiing accident where I tore the major muscle in my calf --- the gastrocnemium one --- severe tear. I also dislocated my shoulder and that is healing ok. But, I finally was just able

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • dee53012 6

L-Glutamine & D-Ribos

After reading a bunch of things on these forums, I decided to go out and buy some LGlutamine for muscle pain and D-Ribos for energy. Anyone know how long it takes to start noticing a difference?  I took some this morning with water and breakfast, it is two hours later and I don't feel any

7 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • terry62719 3
  • a45508 1
  • dt1993 2

Right arm weakness, doctors dont know.

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me. I have been experiencing a lot of symptoms for the pas 6 months, but I have no idea what to do anymore. I'm a healthy 22 year old asian student, who doesn't drink, smoke and was pretty active at sports. I've been experiencing significant muscle

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Bones092616 1
  • Nesee 1

Having surgery in 5 days and I'm concerned about my Dermatomyositis

Hi Anyone, I was diagnosed with Dermatomyositis in 2008 and was on Prednisone and Methotrexate for a year I finally got off meds and have only had two flare ups since. In the last 2 years I've had left low back pain which has come and gone with Steroid shots and meds. Within the last two months the

• anisha87398 1
  • will24 3

Looking for people like me.

A little about me ,27 years old male- About 5 years ago started having a hard time breathing at night, went from a weight of 210 pounds to 160 in 3 months, started getting weakness in hands, calfs, and face. went to doctors and discovered i had high potassium and liver count likely due to muscle breakdown,...

• cybermoja 1

Feels like chest muscle is rippled

I am 36 year old male and overweight. When I try to feel the muscle on the left chest, with little hand pressure, it feels rippled (like feeling a raffles chip under your skin). The area specifically chest muscle near the armpit. I sometimes feel like prickly pain in that area and vanishes after a bit.

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • GeneNat 1

Muscle related issues, muscle soreness and weakness

I am a 30-year old woman. I am having some or the other muscle-related trouble lately. Mid Dec 2016: Sprained groin muscle while doing squats. Felt cramps in legs the next day, which got super bad the next two days to an extent that I had pain everywhere in the body but mostly the whole legs.

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Cajun Ricky 2

Slept on Shoulder...now In Pain!!

Hey guys. I must have slept on my shoulder the wrong way a few weeks ago. I woke up the next morning in PAIN! I could barely lift my head and my back left side was just Hurting so Bad! It's been almost 3 weeks now, and the pain hasn't stopped, it's just moved from my back down to my left arm. So

• elizabeth 03284 3

Is this something more than anxiety?

Since October I've been having muscle jerks all over. Mostly at night when I try to sleep but they can happen anytime throughout the day. I'm terrified it's a brain tumor (I have anxiety) but I had a brain and cervical spine (contrast) MRI 9 months ago that was clear. I don't have any headaches or

• tiffanie57538 2

Random leg/muscle pain

Hey can anyone give me some advice, since I was about 5 I've been suffering from random, eye watering pains in my legs. I have no idea what causes them but they are random && can last hours or days in the past I've had to have a month off college because I can't walk from the pain, I've been back &&...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kjrao 1

Tendinities

My tendon at both the shoulders are giving is the remedy for tendinities

• Granny56 2

Hard painful muscles

my muscles are hard and painful. At first I thought this was related to herniated discs and trapped nerves but now I am not so sure. The physio states that my muscles react very well to trigger therapy and massage but on my next visit, the muscles are stone hard again. This condition is all over my

• StressedGirl 1

Neurologist won't order EMG

I have been having severe muscle weakness and nonstop spasms/cramps that started in my left foot but have now spread throughout almost my whole body and want to get tested for ALS and/or get to the bottom of my symptoms. However, the neurologist I got referred to (who I am stuck with due to insurance)...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • carina62 5

Is this muscular?

Not sure whether this is muscular or gall bladder?  When I turn my head to the right, I get a pulling muscle pain to my right shoulder going down to my shoulder blade.   Is this just muscular or could it be gallbladder? 

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • steph 40325 1
  • MIA111 2
  • BC2013 1

A poking-like sensation on various parts of my body

I’m not sure if my case could be classified as muscle disorder, but definitely there is something wrong with it. I’ve been suffering from sleep disorder for the past ten years. One of the symptoms that keep on interrupting my sleep at night is a sensation of a very focused pulsation, a poking-like sensation,...

Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions