Constantly feel ill in some manner

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi there,

Just to give you a general picture of what's going on in my life first - I'm a 27 year old woman who works as a registered veterinary nurse, I work 42 hours a week across 4 days + 1 in 4 weekends.

I have been diagnosed with asthma, generalised anxiety disorder, depression, episodic migraines and various allergies. I have frequent sinus issues with a deviated septum and generally require antibiotics every few months for sinus infections. There are other issues I have going on but I have just stated the main ones. For a few months now I have been having constant pain in my legs, mostly at the calf area. I have seen the GP and had bloods which came back unremarkable apart from being vitamin D deficient, and x-rays which also came back unremarkable. I saw a physiotherapist who didn't think my issue was musculoskeletal and queried a deficiency which then led to me having bloods. I have now however been referred to the musculoskeletal team at my local hospital as my GP thinks I may have a issues with the muscles in my legs.

With my migraines I have tried multiple preventative medications over the years which have not been helpful and am now waiting to have injections. When I have a migraineI'd say 80% of the time I can carry on my day when I take a sumatriptan tablet and x 2 30/500mg co codamols. Sometimes I also have to take an anti-sickness medication if I become particularly nauseous.

I have to take daily pain medication to manage my leg pain and I can't work through the day without it. The pain even wakes me up in the night now if I don't take them before I go to bed. Paracetamol on its own or in combination with ibuprofen does not even touch the pain, therefore I am having to take daily co codamol, with only the 30/500mg tablets taking it away completely. I really hate the fact that I'm having to take such a high dose of an opiate pain killer and I'm very worried that I'm becoming dependent on it.

I have gained some weight recently and I feel too tired to go to the gym after work and I can't focus enough to stick to a proper diet. I'm feeling very disappointed in myself about it.

I work long hours with a lengthy commute to work which is tiring enough but adding the pain killers to the mix and everything else I find that I'm constantly exhausted and drained. I don't feel like I want to go anywhere when I'm not at work but being at home just adds to my anxiety problems.. I feel a bit like I'm at rock bottom and wonder if anyone has any advice. Is there anything you can recommend that I introduce into my lifestyle? And if anyone has had similar issues I'd really love to speak to you about it.

Thanks so much for reading and I look forward to any replies.

C x

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.