Muscle Or Nerve injury after gym session

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello -

For about 3yrs i've been dealing with tightness/fatigue pain/and dull ache in and around my glutes and piriformis and back of legs.   I've had MRIs and other tests that show nothing wrong with my spine or otherwise.  

Last year i was dead lifting when i felt a twinge in my left buttock.  Towards the top.   Ever since its felt like something is either knotted up or something is stuck in that spot.   Like a knife.   its worst when i walk/run or just shift weight to that leg.   

I need some help.  the "doctors" here cant figure me out and its getting expensive and painful.   my guess is a piriformis or gluteal issue. can anyone assist or point me to a good capable doctor in Delaware?

thanks,

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, from what you are describing it could be a myofascial trigger point. For more information search for myofascial pain syndrome.

If you can locate the knotted muscles try to massage them regularly or have your partner massage them. The idea is to increase blood flow to the area and stimulate the muscles in the hope that they relax. You could try to have a warm bath to which you add 2-3 cups of Epsom salt. You could also try to apply Magnesium Oil to your glutes and thighs. Magnesium may help with cramping muscles. 

A physiotherapist might be able to show you stretching exercises specific for that area.

In chronic cases, there are other treatment methods ranging from electrotherapy, ultrasound therapy, injection with local anaesthetic and/or steroid, or even acupuncture.  

Another idea would be to become a participant of a clinical trial researching myofascial pain syndrome or other muscle pain. 

I will send you a link via private message. 

Best of luck. 

• Posted

I would definitely look up stretches for that area but give acupuncture or chiropractor a try, there could also be inflammation so try an ice pack and don't work it for a few days just to rule it out, good luck I hope you get sorted soon😊

• Posted

hi did you ever get to the bottom of this..about 3 years ago I was weighted squats the next day I had severe tailbone pain and back pain lots of muscle spasms etc i had mri they saw nothing it lasted about 2 months and then went away. I started the gym again but not doing any weights just power walking..3 years on and I was power walking the other day and again the same pain came tailbone area lower back and this time cold foot and leg its been 2 weeks now and symptoms aren't going away I get a cold leg and foot everyday!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.