Does sauna help with sore muscles?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Isn't cold suppose to help sore muscles better? I have a friend tell me that saunas are very useful, I've never actually used my gym's sauna. I'm afraid of the naked people I would probably see. To those who go, why do you use it?

I'm primarily a runner but am starting getting into some bodyweight stuff, mostly to improve core and upper arm strength. I just moved into an apartment building with a fitness room that I seem to be the only person who uses. The gym is pretty small; there's a decent treadmill for when the weather's really bad, a weight machine, a stationary bike I'll never use...

But there's also an infrared sauna. With rocks and cedar and everything. I've been up a few times and it's been awesome for my falls allergies and unclogging the sinuses. But I was wondering, is there any serious health benefits to saunas?

I know many athletes used ice baths after intense workouts for recovery (also debated), but is there anything concrete on saunas and steam rooms?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.