Awaiting MR Decision for PIP

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all. As you know I'm awaiting the MR decision about my PIP. As money dropped after f2f assessment. My mum rag DWP 2 weeks ago to enquire what us happening. DWP have asked for info from GP and Consultant. So just have to wait now. Full my thing is my critical illness insurance has today informed me they are paying me out. They sought info from Consultant + GP and are paying me a substantial sum. So what I'd like to know is why the DWP think it's ok to mess with people's life's. As we all know insurance companies don't pay out unless everything's in order. I won't get better and will gradually get worse and need more care than I'm getting now. Just thought this might be worth mentioning to everyone. As I feel most of us are being given let down when we really are entitled to these benefits.

Rant over.

Mark

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mark,

well I'm pleased for you that you will receive an Insurance payout, but really sorry that you are suffering so much with your health and it just shows what a good job your assessor did at the face to face NOT.  They obviously took no notice of anything you wrote on the forms, or said during the assessment.  I was really lucky with my assessor, but some of the stories you read on here is horrendous and causes so much stress for people.  Best wishes. x

• Posted

Oh thank you. My mum was with me and she sent a letter with the MR. Telling them exactly what was said and what info we gave her. I was diagnosed with MS in November and was already on PIP middle rate and low mobility. Due to heath issues I previously had. But the assessor put down I could do everything we told her I couldn't. But it seems this is happening to many people.

• Posted

Hi Mark an I understanding correctly, DWP are awaiting information from your consultant and GP, if so I would have suggested to you the same as I suggest to many, you need to amass as much information from your medical professionals as possible regarding you illness's, this way it speeds up the assessment and gives you a faster reply.

Your GP and consultant want be fast I promise so hang in their

• Posted

Thank you. I sent in so much info with the MR. Mumbrella sent in a letter with it as she attended assessment with me. She chase also rang DWP 3vweeks ago. To be informed a support officer is dealing with this. And has asked for more info from consultant. So hopefully won't be to much longer.

Mark

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.