awaiting pip assesment

Posted , 6 users are following.

been on dla 10yrs after indefinate award am now waiting for my pip assesment. suffer with osteoarthritis in spine, cervical spondilosis, arthritis left knee, recently diagnosed with arthritis in left wrist/hand and also type 2 diabetes. am on tramadol max dose, gabapentin,metform, bp tablets and cholestrol tablets. in constant pain 24/7 cant walk without severe pain, cant bend amongst other difficulties, now the worry of whether i will get pip

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Unfortunately there isn't anything i can say that will stop you worrying because it's something we all do, but worrying doesn't really get you anywhere. You just have to wait. Most people are asked to attend a face 2 face assessment, with only a few getting a paper based decision. Did you send plenty of evidence to support your claim? DWP will often tell people they contact their medical professional but it's very rare if they do so sending evidence yourself is a vital part of the PIP process. There's plenty of info on the internet all about PIP assessments. There's also the full PIP criteria and points system. If you haven't already seen this i recommend you search for the PIp criteria so familiarise yourself with everything. Good luck and hope you don't have to wait too long.

• Posted

Hi Billy, I think if you can provide plenty of medical evidence e.g. letters from consultants and your GP you should be ok.  I sent in every letter I could find!  Oh, also send a copy of all your repeat medications!  I have had my assessment and now just waiting to hear, I really do understand your stress and worry! xx
  • Posted

Hi as it's been said before, it's not based on what conditions you have but how it affects your day to day living, so you need proof of this, I have 9 conditions and 31 medications on DLA motability indefinite for over 15 years, just had an operation last week on my dominant arm removing bone and biceps tendon and releasing calcium, in a sling for 6 weeks, I also am a brittle asthmatic assessed by ATOS as 60% disabled but .... I am not holding out much hope of getting a transfer to PIP, on a good day I look fine, I work with adaptions in the work place including working from home when bad.

Just get as much 'proof' as you can on how it affects you, a diary etc might help.

Good luck x

• Posted

Get all doctors reports that you can.provide doctors consultant letters you should be ok

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.