Awaiting Results

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am awaiting my blood results after being tested last friday. I had a blood transfusion after the birth of my 1st child in 1989. My skin sometimes has shown a tincture of yellow and i have funny little pin prick like blood spots on my arms. I have never used any illegal drugs and am not judging anyone who has, everyone has a reason for doing what they do in life and i am no-one to stand in judgement. I am just terrified at this moment in time until i know my results. sad :cry:

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

How did they discover you had Hep C, have you been suffering with something for a while? smile
  • Posted

Duh I meant, what led you to contact your GP / Doctor in the first place? :oops: smile
  • Posted

I have recently been rehoused following domestic violence and been very stressed. I put all my feelings of being unwell down to stress. Then I was listening to the radio one day and an advert came on about hep b/c screening so i decided to ring the helpline. They asked me a series of questions then asked if i had ever had a blood transfusion prior to 1991. I did have a blood transfusion in 1989 after a traumatic birth and a large blood loss. I was very scared at the tiime as it was everywhere in the media about HIV. I was also suffering severe post-natal depression so they put my fears of having a transfusion down as paranoia from post-natal depression.
  • Posted

I see, well if you do have Hep C its probably not too bad, cheer up :D
  • Posted

Having it at all its not a good thing, I dont know how to take it if my results are positive. Do u know how long you have to wait normally for blood results from this
  • Posted

Oh Im sorry of course its not brilliant to have Hep C sad Im not sure about the results, a week a month, soon. They might send them direct to ypur GP so try and get a appointment smile
  • Posted

GOT MY RESULTS AND THEY SAID THEY ARE NORMAL
  • Posted

Gosh youve surprised me :D Best wishes smile
  • Posted

Many Thanks Mr Spock for your support while I was waiting for my results.. :D :hug:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.