awake-depersonalisation

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone feel like there half asleep similar to dream state and also not awake to life/people etc..

feels like my brain is half asleep

I do have panic, anxiety and depression aswell as depersonalisation and derealisation

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey tania I've been like this a few month with my anxity getting uncontrollable. I pushed folk away and just stayed in mw room as it's my comfort. I didn't want to be around anyone either. Some days I hated a noise or anyone talking to me as I felt in a world of my own. Felt like my anxity was very sensitive by me doing this. I read a blog on anxitey. He suffered severe for years. He's not anxity free. His blog has helped me when I've been low. I don't read it all the time as don't want to depend on it. But his words are so understanding and help you understand things pretty much says be as normal as possible about hour daily routine. As by cutting off from the world living in fear of it we actually make it worse. Hey saves anxitey feeds of fear and avoidance and by avoiding all these things we are adding more fear and it just gets worse. I've been going out a little in the garden and local familar places. My voice ot anxity says run home to my room but I'm slowly learning to ignore it and say no I have to keep pushing and not keep running away from things as it's not getting me better just making me feel worse in so many ways. I feel your pain each says a battle but u find when am busy that I think less qnd less. Music keeps me busy too. Try not to do like I did qnd goggle things as we end up thinking all sorts haha. U take low dose mirtazapine unsure if it's working or not but it does help me sleep qnd take the edge of the nervous tummy. I'm awaiting cbt as it'd helped me before. I don't like taking meds they will only be temp for me hopefully as i want to learn to fight my fears. I don't want my own mind qnd thoughts creating all these problems for me. Exercise or walks local help me but I like a friend going with me just incase I feel off at the moment. or if am ob mw own putting on helps keep me focused on that. I think the best way forward is to push out your comfort and act as normal as possible and u will retrain your mind to be normal again and not fear things. The more we think the more problems we are creating. Just try fight your negative vibes and tell your self u will do this. I feel I've learnt by not fearing My anxity qnd accepting it's an emotion we all have to keep us save. Just with anxity ours goes abit whacky at times qnd trys to keep us save all the time due to the fears we are letting control us and we hide away and keep fueling it.

I am still a long way from feeling my normal self I feel in a dream but I know in time by me keep pushing I should feel normal again. I have decided that I can stay in my comfort sad qnd miss out on things or I can just get up and try get on with things as I feel better that way and then I'm in control. Try get out in garden and also do little jobs around the house for now each day set little tasks and keep music on ;-) I check ib in here now and again so feel free to chat. Keep strong

Shez

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed specific blog/site names as we do not allow repeated posting of these in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Yep me too. Feel dead basically, don't feel real at all. I'm always so confused all the time and keep getting déjà vu x
  • Posted

Im quite sure ive been expreriencing what you are for the better part of 5 torturous years...

It started one day out of the blue when I was at uni.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.