Award review?

Posted , 4 users are following.

My current award for PIP runs till December 2017 .. today I received an award review letter.. it says if I don't send back paper work by Dec 20 2016 it will stop .. I don't understand why I have this early?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It's perfectly normal to recieve this as all PIP awards are reviewed 1 year earlier. If you look at your last award notice it will tell you on there that they'll contact 1 year before. With the review form if nothing has changed just tick the no change box. If there's been a change tick it and explain why there's a change. If you're worse you'll need evidence to support this. Good luck.

• Posted

Isn't that a bit dangerous? If there has been no change just tick the 'No Change' box?

?I thought that the idea behind PIP was to continually have re-assessments to ensure that the award that you have had can be re-awarded again.

?I can't see just telling the DWP that there is no change that they will automatically give another award period. Even with DLA when you were re-assessed you basically had to 're-prove' your entitlement.

• Posted

Here we go again... why would i give bad advice Les?? I adviced this because that's exactly what you do with the PIP review forms. How do i know this???? because i've been there and done that. I had my PIP review form sent to me back in August. There's been no change in my daily living, so i ticked to "no chnage box" and gave no answers or explanations underneath. While my mobility has got worse i ticked the "worse" box and explained underneath why it's got worse. Also when sending in evidence for the PIP review they clearly state on the letter NOT to send in evidence that they've seen before because they look at this while considering the review. I sent in a small amount of evidence to support my mobility has got worse. I had an assessment. 4 days later a decision was made. Daily living = standard, same as before. Mobility = enhanced, increased from standard last time. PIP is infact different to DLA and with reviews they made the forms easier. It tells you on the forms exactly what to do....

• Posted

From the group I have been seeing I have also been advised it is better to tick the mo change box.

I ticked that I was worse. I sent supporting evidence and I've ended up in a mess.

Apparently I was told if there is no change then they don't always do assessments and its more likely the dwp just renew the award . I wish i jad found this geoup sooner

• Posted

It's good to tick the no change box if there really isn't any change. I didn't have any option with the mobility part. I was just 2 points short the first time but really didn't have the energy to challenge that decision so i left it. I must admit however, i really didn't have much more evidence than i sent last time. I just took a chance and sent the 2 extra i had. That's probably the reason i needed an assesssment. Thankfully this proved my mobility is worse. Now i can relax and enjoy my car i collected yesterday.

• Posted

I already had the car. So I must have had above 12 points last time. So I could have ticked no changed. But i wanted to be honest and say I had got worse. I wasn't doing it to gain anymore because as you know I could increase my award.

It seems by being honest I've shot myself in the foot.

I hope you are getting on with your new car well. I remember picking mine up. It's been amazing. So much easier than my other car. I'm just trying to raise the money to buy it for of the worst happens.

I don't want a new car every 3 year. I just want one that is easier for me to drive. My husband has another car but it's a really heavy car. When my wrists and hands hurt I can't drive it. Plus it's really low so I struggle to get in and out. He used that for going to work anyway so i need mine for work too.

I will update everyone again. I'm sure I will hit a few more stumbling blocks before I get to the end. Ha x

• Posted

Agreed it is a review and 'new' evidence is needed.

?As you didn't send in any evidence to support the 'no change' and a little to support the worsening mobility the DWP decided to send the file to the assessor so that a clearer picture could be obtained both to confirm the care element remaining the same and the mobility issues have deteriorated.

That is exactly what I said - they would review the whole PIP claim.

The idea of the new review system is that if you were to send in 'new' evidence to support your care and mobility status it would have be highly likely that you would not have had a face to face assessment.

The idea behind this review system is to try to avoid a face to face assessment.

?Your initial post suggested that:With the review form if nothing has changed just tick the no change box (CARE) & If there's been a change tick it and explain why there's a change (MOBILITY). If you're worse you'll need evidence to support this

??You make no mention of the need to send in new evidence if there is no change, hence my post.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.