Awarded ESA support group without assessment

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just phoned the DWP today to check if they have received my medical certificate and was told they had received it. Unexecptedly I was also told I was placed in the support group and I no longer needed to send medical certificates in. To be honest I thought it would be extremely difficult just to get into the WRAG. I will wait for a letter to cofirm the award before feeling too relieved. Anyone else have a similar outcome to thier claim?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

When was your interview sounds good support group what's your sickness if you don't mind me asking

Regards

Marshall

• Posted

Hi Chris

It doesn't happen too many times but you do get outcomes where the descriptors fit the illness enough to score more points than you were expecting. The Support Group is for those who will be deemed as having little capablity in finding and maintaining work.

• Posted

I was awarded in exactly the same way two years ago, I simply sent in sick notes and I was deemed too unwell to produce my own information so they would investigate on my behalf. Less than two weeks from my application I was awarded ESA in the support group. Since then I have had no issues and have not had any medical assessment or anyone asking for medical reports.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.