Awesome Information!

Posted , 9 users are following.

I had my TKR done just one week ago, so I'm the ultimate newbie at all this. I had so many questions, then I found this forum. WOW! All the answers I was looking for... and even some answers that I didn't know I needed. confused 

I'll be hanging around in the days and weeks to come. Thanks!

3 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I’m fairly new also, I fell upon this forum by complete accident and boy, am I glad I did 😊 it great to know you can get answers but support aswell.  I love reading about others experiences. I won’t be Gojng anywhere soon lol

• Posted

Hi Wendy,

Hope you are feeling well. Just relax and enjoy St. Patrick weekend☘

Take care,

Alan

• Posted

Hi Wendie,

I agree with you regarding this forum, everyone is so caring and helpful.  I joined last August when I had my Ltkr and just 4 days ago had the Rtkr, so here I am again! Lol.  Learned a lot the first time around, but every knee is different so will have a different experience this time around...glad I don't have a third leg though!  You're right about not going anywhere for a while, but starting outpatient PT soon, so that will keep me busy.  Doing my daily walk around the house as there is still snow on the ground here in Michigan, catching up on emails, watching TV, and of course my exercises keeps me busy, but do love those naps!

You hang in there, keep in touch with us and you'll be going out before you know it!

Many blessings,

Cherry🍒

• Posted

Head Down. Chin up. Knee bending. When you get there it is so worth it. Journey may be easy may be trying, maybe short term or maybe be a bit longer, but worth it. We'll be here for the lows.

Take care,

Alan

• Posted

Hi Alan

Hope you are well. I’m off to see the GP. I need to sort my meds out. This nerve pain is getting worse so I will see what he says. I’ve even had a little cry but hey ho I’m only human. 

Have a great day everyone 😊

• Posted

In used to watch both comedy, to make me laugh and sentimental programmes to make me cry! Getting them emotions out is good for you! Good wishes to you with your recovery!
    • Posted

Famous author Norman Cousins "Anatomy of an Illness".  Diagnosed with an incurable something.  Locked himself in a hotel room for months with an 8mm projector (old days) and watched nothing but Marx Brothers, Laurel and Hardy, etc.  Left the room cured.  The power of laughter should never be underestimated.

• Posted

Hi Wendie,

Hope it went well.

We are all just human, nothing more.

Crying is OK, smiling and laughing is better.

Take care, God Bless,

Alan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.