Awful day Afib is getting me down.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Woke up tired and panicky and it seems to have gone on all day.Still early days and not been on medss for long ,its so frustrating , everything i try to do is an effort, and am so breathless is that normal.Hate the effort of it all have always been very active now it all takes a time to do tha simplest of things.Hate going to bed thats why am on laptop now takes my mind of the elephant in the room .April

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Going to bed is the WORST !

Anyone who tells you AFIB will not affect your life doesn't have it !

It is depressing and debilitating- at best .

We must be pro active and push our doctors for any way to fight it !

Read all you can and know there are many things out there to try and fix it - just takes time to find it and a good electrophisiologist.

Good luck , Best , Didi

• Posted

How right you are ! Its the middleof the night and am realy suffering with this awful thing,Only diagnosed a few weeks ago and what a life changer.April
    • Posted

April, u r so right.  Afib is definitely a life changer. I was diagnosed last October and went from a healthy, carefree lifestyle to a complete lifestyle change of checking my heart rate and blood pressure daily and trying to get my meds right so that I don't have the rotten side affects. I had cryo ablation in March of this year and am still not sure how successful it was. Maybe 80% if I'm lucky. I'm currently wearing an "event monitor" that send recordings throughout the day to my doctor to see when I'm In afib (since I have no symptoms -- not sure whether that is good or not). I have to wear this monitor for a month. Once those results r in, I will decide if I will go for a second ablation to see if this can be "fixed". I know because of my age, I will be on blood thinner the remainder of my life but I would like to get off the beta blocker if I can. 

I know now afib won't kill me but it sure isn't fun to live with. It sucks!!

• Posted

I agree Didi, i'm SO tired of AFIB, particular at night either before I go to bed or after. I'm getting AFIB everynight no matter how many meds I take. My cardiologist and I are chatting next week about this, and a possible ablation. I know the stats for a successful ablation are reasonable, but definitely not a guarantee. I too wished there were ways to HEAL the affected cells causing the arrythmia instead of destroying them!

• Posted

Had Cardioversion followed by Tikosyn last week - .So far so good except for reaction to Tikosyn - nausea , ringing in ears etc.

Tomorrow I get ekg to see if I am still in sinus rhythm - always an anxiety producer !!

Hoping for a magic bullet in the near future - as I'm sure you are , Best , Didi

• Posted

Tikosyn has kept me in nsr for 2 weeks - so far so good . Still have nighttime and am palpitations but I rely on small dose of Xanax to quell those .

We have to take any relief we can get and enjoy any AFib free time we can - in the mean time - seek out the BEST electrophysiologist you can find and get a second opinion . I think that will be a great anxiety reliever at least for me - an anxiety sufferer!

Good luck to all and God bless this site❤️

• Posted

hi April . I was recently diagnosed with af and am trying to get used to it and the meds. it consumes 90 percent of my thoughts. every flutter or strange feeling in my muscles or chest bring another bout of panic and awful thoughts. I'm on the meds and think my dr is good but its so hard to not think the worst. I eas thinking the worst before I was diagnosed so this has been real hard. I was just wondering how you were doing and looking for any sort of positive feedback. hope you are feeling better.this site has definitely shown me we are not alone

• Posted

Hi to be honest i have good days and bad days , the meds i am on have not realy suited me but have no alternative but to persevere with them . I suffer badly with anxiety which does not help the Afib.It has changed my life but as you say this site is a comfort to know there are a lot of us around.I am thinking of getting some counselling to try and come to terms with this big nuisance in my life April
    • Posted

All I can say is hang in there April the best you can . We can only hope that research will find a real cure someday soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.