Awful health anxiety now convinced i have MS

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am going out of my mind with worry. Ive never been one to experience anxiety but i do worry over health issues.

I gave birth 12 weeks ago and was left with pain inside my bum and problems pushing to poo and sometimes feelings in other intimate areas. Had scans and blood tests etc all clear. I looked online and it said i could have pelvic floor dysfunction and the doc said this is very possible.

Over night i literally started worring more and more over the issue and gave myself awful anxiety. I was put on citalopram but made it so much worse. So i gave up on them and stated setroline. Again made it worse so stopped taking.

I have a virus about a month ago and my eye was blurry. Every now and then i still get it, a weird sensation but really blurry. Last week my mind went in to over drive again and convinced myself i had a brain tumour. I booked an eye test and had a full eye test and health check. Told the optician my fears and she said everything with optic nerve is fine and 20/20 vision.

I have been on 15mg mirtazapine for 14 days now. On saturday i started getting tingly hands and feeling dizzy. I googled it and convinced myself a brain tumour again. Then i saw something about MS and read in to it.

I have constant pins and needles in left foot, also in left hand, i keep clenching my left hand, a cold sensation in right leg, i get the odd muscle twitch in foot and arm, i get a numb feeling in face and head and my eye still goes weird. I feel i lose my train of thought when im talking and cant comcentrate on anything.

I went the doc yesterday and he said this all points to anxiety and wont send me for any tests or scans. He upped my Mirtazapine to 30mg and referred me for CBT. I am now in constant worry and i feel MS is in my head constantly. I cant sleep and i feel so down. I have 2 young children to look after and its ruining my time with them as im constantly having this ms thought.

Please someone help....do you feel the same as me? I think to myself maybe it is just anxiety but surely it cant do all this? Then im sure its MS but think surely i wouldnt have had all these symptoms in 1 go.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alison Sorry your having a bad time with anxiety especially with 2 young uns.

It does all point to anxiety apart from the pelvic floor thing (which is probably related to giving birth) I have had all the symptoms you have.

I have also had every test going and all has come back clear.

I regard myself as a strong person, well I did !! until 4 months ago when my anxiety started now Im a mess even though I know there is nothing wrong with me I still fret.I had to resign from work because of it,in the 16 years I have had depression I have nearly always held down a job,Ive been to emergency twice

thinking I was dyling,anxiety is dreadful.

FYI Googling not a good idea.

My plan is my meds have been changed once they settle in then its a case of therapy which does not cure you but teaches you how to cope with it.

Take care sweet I hope things get better for youcheesygrin

• Posted

I just find it so weird how anxiety could do this. I guess its the constant pins and needles that worry me most. They arent super strong just tingly all the time. The fist clenching is driving me nuts.

Glad im not alone. X

• Posted

I totally understand, I still think there is something wrong

The pins and needles are nasty

I used to crawl into bed when it happened at first but now I go for a brisk walk or clean the house from top to bottom(Ive never had such a clean and tidy house lol)

I keep my breathing controlled and tell myself I will be ok.

I live alone and I am terrified something will happen and no one will get to me.

Anxiety sucks there is no rhyme or reason to it xbiggrin

• Posted

Hi Alison ..looks like you are suffering from severe anxiety. When I had my son I had terrible anxiety and the weirdest feelings like I was going insane.. I too thought I had MS and schizophrenia and alzeimhers disease..I had them all..and yes anxiety can do all that you are experiencing and more..trust me I know..I am going through it again right now after dealing with a lot of stress lately.
  • Posted

Hi Alison

Sorry to hear your going through a bad time right now. I suffer with health anxiety too, I'm convinced I have cancer and I Google constantly. Every one tells me not too but I just can't help it. It's like ocd. I know exactly how your feeling and it's terrible. All your symptoms point to anxiety,and obviously the more your worrying about it the worse it gets. It's a vicious circle. You should try again with your meds, all anti depressants are known to make your symptoms worse for the first few weeks, this is perfectly normal, I know it's not nice but eventually this goes away and you will start to feel better

Try and perciver with them it's worth it in the end.hope you start to feel better soon, try and remember your fuelling your anxiety and making your symptoms worse, it's all in the mind and I'm very sure you won't have ms. The doc has told you this also.

Take care Lisa x

• Posted

Hi Alison I was on 15mg of martizipine it made me want to sleep all the time then they put me up to 30mg I was on that for a year and it helped me a lot I've been of it for 4 year but getting symptoms back might have to go back on them but you've got to taper yourself of them slowly with help from doctor good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.