Posted , 4 users are following.
Hi members of this forum i am new here but i joined because i recently had some amalgam fillings which im very very aware contain mercury. I was not told before my appointment of this fact and learned it after the dentist said that they were 'amalgam' and then shoved them into my teeth. This was on the NHS in england and so i would have to pay for anything else. Anyway these fillings at first worried me because they were not a silvery color and were more of a grey/blackish color .. which i was assured was fine but now i am having metallic tastes in my mouth and am incredibly worried about mecury toxicity or the fillings leaking. I understand after quite a bit of research that the ammount they release is nothing to worry about from the vapour they emit but i am abjectly terrified that they might be leaking and that i am swallowing mercury. Can anyone help me out i am at a loss since the dental receptionist dismisses me and reddit has not been helpful.
0 likes, 4 replies