Awful painful disease

Posted , 5 users are following.

i was diagnosed with this in 2007 just before my second marriage I was given steroid cream to use twice a week but that was stopped because the consultant said it can make the skin thin, I was also given vagifem vaginal tablets and double base cream which all seemed to help.  The cream has recently been changed to epimax from early 2016.  I have not been prescribed anymore vagifem vaginal tablets since 2012, not sure why.  So all I am currently using is epimax cream.  I recently had a flare up and it is so painful so going to take the advice I have researched on this forum and will soon be taking vitamin d3 and turmeric extract, I will also try aloe Vera oil hopefully this will help sort it out, any other suggestions to help with this condition will be gratefully received xx

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I also use clobetasol and cover it with Aquaphor, twice a week and just Aquaphor the rest of the time. Looser fit clothing helps, some days in summer I will wear a sundress or sometimes just my nightgown and have a pajama day. There are all sorts of tricks to try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.