Awful paplitations after blation

Posted , 4 users are following.

22 year old male.

I had an ablation almost 3 weeks ago for AVNRT. I have a ton of palpitations and short runs (1-3 sec) of svt ALL DAY long... especially when sitting still. Before the ablation I only got svt during exercise, maybe once a month or less. 

My doctor said they had to burn a lot in my heart, so i got a fairly big scar. If this doesn't stop then the ablation was the worst decision of my life.

Anyone else experienced?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

It takes 3 months for the heart to heal. I had palpitations, my chest felt full and I was very tired and had some shortness of breath for a while. While your heart is healing, these palpitations, etc. will get less and then stop. 
    • Posted

Thanks Linda today makes 1 week since being released from the hospital. I had the ablation done first, them had a catheter done to make sure no blockage in which they thought they saw. End result I got a pacemaker so my heart rate would beat at a normal rate. Feels weird at times and your answer answered a lot. The process of healing takes time. Feel better eirik95 hang in there.

• Posted

Yes I had an ablation 1 month ago had palpitations after then went into SVT that lasted hours so I had to go to the ER got a dose of adenosine. Anyways had another ablation a week after that. I’m one week post second ablation and was in AFIB for 4 hours last night. I started with one arrhythmia before my ablation, SVT now I have a party of arrhythmias. Atrial flutter, AFIB, and SVT. 
    • Posted

How did AFIB feel like? Did you know something was wrong right away?
    • Posted

I start with skipped beats PVC’s PACS then I literally feel like my heart is just flopping in my chest. It is hard to breath during it but I try to lay down close my eyes and it will pass. I also have an ekg monitor on my phone called kardia that confirms that I’m in AFIB and I can link the ekg to my doctor so he sees it as well. AFIB does not feel like SVT at all! 
    • Posted

What type of svt did you have before the ablation?
    • Posted

Honestly my cardiologist never told me. I have no idea he just says SVT.  I should ask when I see him Friday 
    • Posted

The most common type is AVNRT or AVRT. If you had WPW-syndrome the doctor would let you know. Do you remember how many times they ablated your heart? For me they ablated at least 10 times
    • Posted

I’m actually admitted to the hospital for my AFIB I was in AFIB RVR. They are giving me ditiazem and just chewable baby aspirin. This may change when I see the hospital cardiologist in the morning 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.