Awful side effects and withdrawals with citalopram

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was put in citalopram 10 mg about a week ago. Did not go as I thought it would... the side effects ugh!! Started with migraine, face numbness and then the not sleeping well.. oh and then came the hot flashes when I thought my body was on fire.. Thos migraines tho wow! I called my dr because my face arm and foot went numb.. they told me to stop taking it... so I did! I was only on it for 5days. It’s been two days headaches are getting better but still there, numbness is subsiding but now my face and arms feel cold... will the side effects ever end? I was hoping to find someone with an experience like mine.. I thought it was awful and I hope I feel normal soon!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had the same but much milder. I started off with 5mg 6 weeks ago I’m now on 20mg and no side effects every time I upped it. After the first week at 5mg. 
    • Posted

I still have bad anxiety and stress but I just started on 20 last night! Praying for a corner to be turned! 
    • Posted

Pray you do too... I too have bad stress and anxiety.. I was really hoping the meds would have worked... I think my daily migraines add to my anxiety and probably what causes a lot of them.. praying for a normal feeling again soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.