Awful worries about itchy skin…

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello

I'm 67, a moderate drinker, and I'm currently terrified and feel my life is at its end...

Around 3 weeks ago I started to feel itching sensations around my body, and was advised by NHS111 to see a pharmacist.

i did as I was advised, and was given some Benadryl, but this has failed to relive that itching, which is worse than ever now - particular when I am anxious or feel very depressed at what I'm feeling.

i have an appointment with my GP next week, but am already terrified as the failure of the Benadryl seems to point to far more serious illness such as liver failure or cancer, kidney faliure or cancer, and cirrhosis or cancer, all of which are terrifying to even contemplate let alone to start to fight.

I have suffered from severe health anxiety for many years, and last had fears of this nature 3 years when I presented with the same symptoms, but was ultimately given a completely clean bill of health after all manner of tests.

I've made myself so depressed and have almost entirely withdrawn from all my normal activities and pastimes because of this, and am terrified of seeing my doctor and being sent for further tests even though I have no other quoted symptoms of any of the terrible diseases I fear.

Does anyone have anything to say to me that could possibly ease for fears for a little while?

Thank you for taking the time to read this far.

Graham

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.