Azathioprine for eczema

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone out there benn prescribed Azathioprine for atopic eczema?  If so, what results have you had - any improvement? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have been on azathioprine for six weeks now and so far I havent really noticed any improvement if anything my eczema appears to be getting worse. I dont know if its too early to be concerned or how long it takes to work. Im waiting for it to all go away but maybe im dellusional. I understand it takes time to work but just feel frustrated by waiting for my eczemz to clear. Answer to your question is, its probably to early for me to say    
  • Posted

Hi

My 6 year old has just started aza today, I have been advised by 2 fellow mums that they didn't see any improvement until 12 weeks. We have already been on top dose of cyclosporin for 6 months with no success but I have seen many success stories so stuck with it. I'm also looking into private and holistic treatments to work alongside as my sons eczema is so bad he will need reprieve for the next 12 weeks! I hope you see improvements soon

My question is did you guys get any side effects on the beginning! I only as as my sons school is harassing me over attendance so if he says he's feeling unwell am I to believe it's the meds or is he playing up? It's hard to judge with me not taking the medication myself

Thanks and feel better soon xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.