Azyter

Posted , 4 users are following.

I use Azyter (Azithromycin). How long must I wait before using it again?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

What is Azyter?, and what condition are you using it for?
    • Posted

Azyter is an antibiotic and I use it for blepharitis which resulted in meibomianitis which resulted in dry eye, exacerbated by intensive computer use over many years. I take it roughly 112 days and it kills the bugs very effectively but last time I forgot and didn't take it for 272 days, when it proved ineffective. Entirely my fault. I hope I can take it twice in quick succession and return to the normal state of effectiveness.
  • Posted

You should be asking your Ophthalmologist or GP
    • Posted

Thank you. I have asked my opthalmologist and hope to hear on Wednesday. I note that the Azyter leaflet says users mustn't take the eye drops on a fourth day but on the other hand there is a week-long treatment option........ I hope the opthalmologist has a solution.

I think that completes this discussion?

Alan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.