B 12 showing as normal but still serious symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had very low ferritin levels after bowel surgery, but i have symptoms of low b12 . My surgeon said b 12 was ok, but my gp said he would start b12 injections anyway because of my symptoms. My levels are all back to normal according to blood tests. But my low b 12 symptoms are worse. i have one injection a month. can the Blood tests be wrong? could the very first b12 result have been wrong? Its hard to tell now as ive had the injections , so the results are coming up as normal. Can you help me here ?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

there is no doubt that human error can occur. it can be possible but rare. however go with your gut feeling and what your body is telling you in terms of symtoms. do your own research and see what you come up with. if possible you can repeat the bloods and see what comes up. discuss in depth with your doctor and if possible seek a second opinion from another profession.

i will also suggest you read this book on Amazon Overcoming Anaemia, my experience. for tips and ideas on vitality.

Good luck and hope you get back to normal soon.

Regards

Lady C

• Posted

Sorry Lady C have just seen this reply . strangely enough the doc found i had a mild disc problem in my neck but the physio said not bad enough to cause my symptoms. so i'm back tomorrow to see gp. Thanksfor reply.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.