B

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my feet and chronic gout, i have also been having pain and stiffness in my back, if i walk or stand a while i get alot of pain in my back as i try to sit also if im sitting a while especially in a chair i get pain and stiffness getting up. i have had xrays on my back and i do not have arthritis in my back but its getting worse especially in cold damp weather. any one else had the same

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mark. I have osteoarthritis in different joints from you, but what jumps out at me from your post is the fact that you also have gout. Have you been referred to or sought out the advice of a dietician?

• Posted

Hey Mark - i know i keep mentioning it but I love using my ultrasound machine for my arthritis (neck and hands) as well as my other aches and pains. It helps keep me moving which would be especially good for you and your feet. I know the pain is difficult but if you can keep moving, you'll avoid a spiral of continued stiffness and in activity. I just hit my neck every day with my ultrasound machine and am able to continue my daily life. I have a sonic relief machine but there are other ones out there. Hoping you're coping!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.