b complex and anxiety ,

Posted , 2 users are following.

has any one taken b complex and found a increase in their anxiety or has it helped them , as my appetite is very poor i have been told i might be lacking b3 and b6 and that taking b complex can help ,i am also withdrawing from venlaxafine and this drug does cause a vitaimin defisiancy which is vitaimin b. any feed back would be helpfull , i have also been told that it is safe to use with ad

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes, Terry you will find vitamin B in nearly every natural anxiety remedy.  My Dad who has bipolar is especially a big supporter of Vit B and Magnesium and keeps pushing me to get on them.  Truthfully, I have noticed a marked change in his personality over the last few years.  He used to be very manic and agressive and now is quite steady and calm (most of the time).   
    • Posted

thanks for your reply skyebeth what sort of dosage dose he take as i see it comes in differsent sizes
  • Posted

Terry, I will find out today so I'll get back to you in a few hours with dosage and types.  I know certain types of magnesium is better than others, so with Vit B.  
  • Posted

Sorry, I live Down Under hence the delay in replying. It's six am at the moment but I will get back to you in the next three hrs after I drop my daughter off to school.  
    • Posted

thank you as i see there are so many brands and dosages
  • Posted

Sorry Terry for taking a day to reply but I finally got your answers.  Any B Complex is great for anxiety and depression but especially B5.  My Dad takes one 250mg tablet a day.  Magnesium Citrate 300mg a day is also fantastic.  My parents neighbour has bipolar and suffered really bad anxiety, he could never leave the house.  He has been taking Magnesium Citrate 300mg for a while now (more then a year) and he now works after being on a Disability Pension for twenty years.  There are all types of Magnesium but our bodies seem to breakdown Citrate a lot better then the others, hence it is a little more expensive then the others as well.  I took Magnesium when I went cold turkey of the endone and tramadol to help with the restless legs syndrome that you get when in withrawal.  I was taking two tablets a day and it really helped.  Check with your Doctor first to make sure it is okay but my Dad and his friend both take Magnesium with antidepressants with no problems.  Goodluck and I hope this helped.
    • Posted

On an aside, I'm starting back on the B5 and Magnesium myself on top of my medication.  B5 is dirt cheap and a good one to start on.  I have found a good Magnesium supplement for AU$35 (two months supply), but the powdered form which works faster can go up as far as AU$60 for a months supply.
    • Posted

thanks again skyebeth for going to so much trouble , i will try these and see how i fair , i dont have any thing to lose after all , i wish you well and good luck on your supplements

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.