B est Air Filter?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone, I have quite sever COPD at the moment I am in Spain and am a bit concerned when it starts to get cold. In the flat there is only a portable gas heater! which I know is not good for my lungs. An electric fire is out of the question due to the extremely high cost of electricity! I was thinking of getting a Air Purifier but haven't a clue which one to look for. If anyone could recommend a make and model I would be grateful.

Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i have found that the Dyson "hot and cold" air purifier is the best i have experienced. Although quite expensive it is well worth the extra cost. It gives you cooling and the summer heat and warmth in the Winter.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

i have found that the Dyson "hot and cold" air purifier is the best i have experienced. Although quite expensive it is well worth the extra cost. It gives you cooling and the summer heat and warmth in the Winter.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

i use AirFree, no filter to change ever and 1/4th or less the cost of a Dyson in the US, tho no fan factor. Surprise surprise: made in Portugal. tel +351 21 315 62 22

fax: +351 21 315 62 28

Bonus? they put out a little heat. i use the small "T" model in my bedroom but you can't turn off the light. You can with the P2000 in the living room. I have carpet so i have them on tables rather than the floor. Saved my lungs during months of Saharan dust, followed by 2+ months of ragweed.

Hope you have a carbon monoxide detector.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.