b12 103 and vit d 26. injections not working nor vit d tablets. nero symtoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Im very weak and pale can hardly move with out exhaustion. Have tingling down left side alot. Loss balance alot and forgetfullness. Doctor said to see how it goes but with 12 and half hr shifts i feel like i. Need to be better asap as it is affecting work. I get blurred eyes and muscle spasms too. I have a b12 injection every three months did have a loaded course but didnt help and i have to take 800ul fulitum or however it is spelt twice a day for three months. I had the nero symptons six months before the doctors visit. Nothing is helping and i feel like noone understands what can i do.

2 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ok went back today. They said cos my b12 is 103 that shouldnt cause any nero symtoms they are now looking at a full blood count and thyroid test. I got very bad these last couple of days feel like a glass is even to heavy to hold. Extermly pale and very weak. They has to be a reason for all these symtoms. I got lots of 12 and half hr shifts to do the nxt couple of weeks due to short staff and not sure i will even be able to manage one. Has anyone else experience all these symptoms i have never felt so weak.
    • Posted

Debbie your dr clearly hasn't got a clue!!! My level is 153 am on injections every other day been off work 4 weeks and still struggling!!! U need an urgent app and urgent injections.

Print off all the info from pa society and be forceful. It's not him that's suffering!!!

U need to be taking supplements too and lots!!!

• Posted

Thank u its nice to know someone understands. The doctor doesnt even let me speak she just looks at my notes and asumes.
    • Posted

They don't have a clue Debbie they really don't. Mine kept telling me it was my age!!! Cheeky cow I've lost all faith in the NHS now and find out so much more on sites like this x

• Posted

Heya thank you for asking. They did full blood count and thyroid test which was normal. They will do a nero exam at doctors today and if rhat normal just do b12 injections every three months. I do feel like giving up. To top it off my employer has now told me because we are short staffed i have to work 70 hours for a couple of weeks i can hardly manage my 40 hours as we dont really get a break either. Its my memory and tireness and muscle spasms that are affecting me most the tingling i can learn to live with. How are u
    • Posted

I would ask for a sick note as i havent had even one day off sick in sevens years but i feel that my emploeyer would sack me or i wouldnt beable to pay my rent but i really cant work its so hard.
    • Posted

You really need to push for more injections and start supplementing as much as u can. Take the print off with you from pa society about injections every other day when you have neuro issues The tingling will only worsen and end up as a long term issue. Ask for a referral to a neurologist and a sick note. Your employer can not sack you if you are off sick and if he does take him to a tribunal as it's unacceptable!! I couldn't possibly work at the moment - don't even have energy to get up some morns but do and I'm not working!! Please please look after yourself - health is so important and your employer really needs to understand what you are going through. You will get benefits if you can't afford to pay your rent whilst off sick xx

• Posted

Thank u. The doctor did a nero test and said well there is weakness in arm but all else is fine she said the b12 103 is def not the cause whoch i disagree with but to keep on with vit d tablets as vit d can cause all this too and no need to come back unless worse apart from for a review in a couple of months. For vit d test. I memtion i was having a flutterly feeling in chest alot and nose bleeds she said well i tested your bloods there fine. She said i can havr a sick note to say i can only do my contracted hours and no more which is 40 hours which doesnt really help me. I said could it be a brain tumor or something else she said well people with your symtoms do have them but only a small amount. My head wont even think straight. My boss has been telling other workers that i am stressed but yet she wants to put mpre stress on me. Im hopeing that my symtoms improve with the vit d tablets and if they dont then i will get a second opion as this affects every part of my life as you understand. I feel like im being lazy but im not im use to being on the go all the time and i actually thrive from stress so i use to be non stop but my body is telling me to stop. I feel lost and she even said she was very worried about when she last seen me becasue of how weak i was. But because i have got slighty more energy she isnt that concerned now. Xx
    • Posted

Debbie you really really need to go and get a second opinion from another doctor - this one is putting your health at risk!! B12 of 103 is very low and will cause you permanent damage if not sorted ASAP especially as you have neuro symptons already!! She clearly dosnt know what she's talking about and by the sound of it dosnt want to know!!

You need to rest and relax as the more stressed and tired you become the more vit b12 you use and you hardly have any as it is!! Please do this with urgency - maybe even go to A&E and say you can't function??? Xx

• Posted

Thnk u for your advice and understanding i will ask for secomd opinon. Xx
  • Posted

Hi Debbie - I am saddened to hear how unwell you feel . Firstly , you may need an active form of b12 called methylcobalamin which is not available on the NHS and was reserved for the private sector . If you have an inability to convert the hydroxycobalamin your doctor will be giving you , this may well explain why you do not feel that you are responding to the injections . It sounds like you have anaemia symptoms and the tingling is s sign of nerve damage . Pernicious anaemia particularly effects one side of the body . There is something you can do . You can buy methylcobalamin yourself in spray form from Holland and Barrett or on line . The spray works quite well because the large molecules of b12 are broken down , helping you to absorb it . You need to get your b12 level up before taking any folate and you will be better off asking your doctor for methylfolate rather than folic acid . If they can`t oblige , then you can buy this from any good health shop . I would highly recommend you take methylcobalamin spray which should be sprayed UNDER your tongue at least four times per day . If you add in a teaspoon of blackstrap molasses after a week or so , you will have the iron you need . CoQ10 is a harmless enzyme which is very good at assisting absorption . I would also take some omega 3 and drink plenty of the best organic beetroot juice you can get your hands on for the cobalt it contains . Do these things and then get back to me to let me know how you feel after a week or so . I have recommended this to many people and they have all reported that it works . Good wishes 
  • Posted

How U getting on Debbie? Xx
    • Posted

Exhausted and other days not so bad. I asked doctor for sick note and she said i had to have seven days off first which i can understand but i cant afford it so im just struggling on. Ive just finished one tweleve andhalf shift another eight to go. Hows u.
    • Posted

That's such a shame. Do u not get sick pay? I'm not great at all - on crutches now and struggling big time - still on injections every other day but don't feel any improvement as yet - still hoping!!!! Sleeping for Britain too. My 6th week off work now.

Hope u start to feel slightly better soon and please try not to over do it and look after yourself xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.