B12 and folate deficiency

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi looking for some advice

I have recently been feeling generally unwell , extremely tired , dizzy spells, my heart rate has been fluctuating between to rapid to too slow and being very short of breath at times. My b12 and folate levels where low and I was given a months supply of medication , had levels tested again and they where normal so medication was stopped .

However this last week I have been feeling awful , and yet again levels are low and have been given another months supply. I take a high dose of acid suppressants which I believe may be causing this but does anyone else find gp quite dismissive of symptoms and not keen to treat ??

How did anyone go about deciding wether they needed regular treatment etc?

I am usually quite fit and very active so finding this so fustrating that I can't get through a full day without needing to sleep on and off

Thanks

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

ECG's and 24 Hour halter monitors won't necessarily pick up all heart issues.  My pacemaker is only required 16% of the time.  Therefore for me the chance of picking up the issue on a randon test is very slim.  However when I literally woke up on the floor one morning my doctor eventually inplanted a intertable cardiac monitor and after a few weeks was able to see the issue.  This was after laying in a hospital bed hooked up to a heart monitor for 3 days, ecg's and going home with a 48 hour halter monitor, all of which picked up nothing.

Don't discount the heart issue as your symptoms sound very like mine.

• Posted

How horrible for you, glad you got to the bottom of it.

I will certainly keep an eye on things smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.