B12 injections

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a partial gastrectomy 46 years ago and have been on monthly B12 injections since 1972. Suddenly  a few months ago my doctor changed it to ever 12 weeks and after blood tests showed I had a high B12 in my bloods. However, I am still very tired after 4 weeks does this mean that my body is not absorbing and how do I prove this so I may continue on a monthly basis.He put me on iron tablets as my levels were low.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

May I suggest that you join the Pernicious Anaemia Society forum where you will get help and support . I have had tremendous support from that forum . Unbelievably helpful people on that forum . Very best wishes to you . 
  • Posted

I suggest you follow the excellent advice Whitecross has given and join the Pernicious Anaemia Society who may well intercede with your doctor on your behalf.

I am not medically trained but have also had a partial gastrectomy (in 1959) have P.A. and been on cyanocobamalin since 1972.

I wish you well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.