B12 injections

Posted , 2 users are following.

I started having B12 injections when tablets were not enough, I was also on foliate tablets. My doctor told me I had abnormal red blood cells. Due to covid my injections stopped, when I asked why a doctor, not the same one as before the doctor said that I didn't need the injections as the test I had in 2019 didn't show anaemia, and he said that I had never had anaemia, I had been on injections for some time then. He said just take tablets, if as he says I never had anaemia just wondered why I would have to take anything. A few months ago I asked for copies of my medical notes, so far after form filling a letter and 2 calls to a medical secretary i have not had anything. Last week I had a call from the surgery to say that the test I had show low level B12 and I need to go back on injections every 3 months. So if I haven't got anaemia can anyone suggest what I would need the injections for. Thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

What i understand about the B12 vitamin is the foods are very protein based as well. Most foods protein based also can give organic B12 vitamin to the system. Always speak to your doctor first.

• Posted

I think the injections are to promote the red blood cells back to normal, because anaemia can be something temporary. Its totally possible to recover from this issue. The things you do and do not do play a huge part in that. The main reason you are having injections is for the sake of symptoms, which can be very problematic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.