B12 injections not working?

Posted , 3 users are following.

2 years ago I got diagnosed with B12 deficiency and I have been having injections once every 12 weeks, they use to work I use to feel more awake, but in the past 6 months the injections have been deteriorating a month too soon. Is there any way I could get my doctor to up my dose or to have more frequent injections because it really is having a negative impact on my life I feel depressed and I want to be alone, any help is appreciated.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Are you taking the co-factors so your body processes the B12? I self inject 1ML every other day.  I highly recommend the Pernicious Anemia Society to get answers to your very important questions. 

Things to learn:

what are co-factors

what is active and inactive B12

what are my rights when it comes to treatment

what are neuro symptoms

The Pernicious Anemia Society and their Facebook site has answers you need to know to properly manage your B12 Anemia.

• Posted

I had the same problem but persisted with asking for 8 weekly injections instead of 12 weekly injections.  My GP said she would seek advice from our hospital, which she did.  She gave me a copy of their reply which said it was not a matter for the hospital as B12 injections were a matter for the GP.  I referred her to the PA website for advice and she then agreed the 8 weekly injections.  I do feel much better now.  My advice would be to keep trying.  Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.