B12 level 327

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been suffering with numb toes and painful feet and a sensation of electricity in my legs at times for many years been to docs for bloods my B12 is 327 and my Tsh is 0.22  anyone have any thoughts what it could be I go back to docs next week.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane, as they tested your TSH are you taking thyroid medication? It is thought you need a higher level of B12 to assist conversion of thyroid medication. Up to 1000 is thought to be optimal. Low B12 levels are common in those with thyroid problems. Will your GP consider giving you B12 injections? Marion
    • Posted

Thanks for replying I have not yet seen the Gp I was given the results by the receptionist, but my tsh was borderline last time at o.39 so has now dropped to 0.22 and I was not sure if 327 is low for a B12 result I have had symptoms for many years but it is only now that the GP has decided to do something by the way I have a goitre but not that big apparently . I have an appt on Friday to discuss all the results of the blood test and result of the second thyroid scan. 
    • Posted

It does sound as though there is a thyroid issue if you have a goitre. Do you know if they've tested for thyroid antibodies? Marion
  • Posted

A B12 level of 327 isn't considered too low, but numbess in hands/feet along with any electricity/tingling sensations are considered to be neurological symptoms and means you probably should be getting the injections.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.