b12 or peri menopause

Posted , 2 users are following.

The roof of my mouth is uncomfortable and my throat is sore.. This had stopped with b12 injections and now it's back.. is it a vitamin b12 problem or peri menopause... its not as bad as it usally is.. Please any ideas....

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Usually low B12 causes general mouth soreness, ulcers, swollen & ridged edges to the tongue. Not sure about sore throat though? Might be worth just gargling with warm salt water for a couple of days to see if that clears it. If there are white patches in your mouth it could be oral thrush, a sign that the immune system is not working properly. Marion
    • Posted

Thank you.. I have a white patch on the roof of my mouth don't think it's thrush..
    • Posted

How much salt to water.. I've done this before but I think I do it wrong.. how many times a day..
    • Posted

There is another condition called lichen planus that causes white spots/ lines in the mouth. It might be best to see a doctor and get it checked out? Marion
    • Posted

Probably about a teaspoon of salt to a small tumbler of water. I usually would do it morning and evening, after cleaning my teeth. You could do it three times by adding another session after lunch. Marion
    • Posted

I've been to the doctor he said my mouth is fine. . I'll try salt again..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.