B6

Posted , 8 users are following.

How much B6 do you ladies take. I was taking a b complex that had a few different b's in it and 100mg of b6. I'm out and was just wondering if I should stick with that?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi 2chr2015, the maximum recommended allowed is 100mg. Over time, high doses of B6 can be toxic, so don't take more than the recommended amount.  I take one that's 50mg when I remember.

• Posted

I was taking B6 100mg every other day for the past 2wks I jus' stopped a week ago because of the (lucid dreams) 😕😞

Some of the other ladies suggested it for its natural 'calming' ability..

I'm not sure if anyone else was experiencing this??

For now, I try to avoid excess sugar and walk 2 miles every other day for a healthy type of stress relief

Maybe I too should jus' try a B-complex vitamin-

I'm curious to hear feed back from others- 😒

• Posted

i stopped taking B vits a long time ago because of increased anxiety whilst taking it. I took it because it was recommended for us at this time, but it had the effect of increasing anxiety and feeling wired up!  so I can see why you are having strange dreams.  It didn't help me and I was not short of this vitamin anyway as we get plenty from food it seems.

• Posted

Thanks for your feedback.. Yes I think I will go without the B6.. and opt for gttn ths nutrient from foods- ; -)

I have found tht for me chamomile tea & ginger is wrkn well for a 'calm mind/ relaxed spirit'..so I will continue-

Thanks again and stay well! ; -)

• Posted

oh the chamomile/ginger tea is great.!!

stay well too!

• Posted

I take Brewer's Yeast which a good source of B vitamins.  I take it blended with juice.

• Posted

You should never take a b vitamin without taking a full b complex - there is b6 in a multi but with b vitamins you have to add to the complex otherwise you will deplete the one b vitamin and then it will begin to pull from the others as your body needs them until you won't get enough of any one b vitamin 

• Posted

the rule used to be to never take one B without all the others because if you only take B 6 for instance, it will deplete the others. I do not know if that is factual. B vites are water soluable, they leave your body in about 4 hours. My ND said, "If youare eating healthy foods, lots of greens and meat, you should not need a B vite. save your money ".  

• Posted

Hi. I was prescribed pyridoxine (VitB6) when I suffered mild post natal depression 30 years ago. I can't remember the dose. I think it is supposed to help stabilise hormone fluctuations. I have used it since to help with pre menstrual tension, just for a few days before my period. I believe it helps at the times it is needed. It is interesting to read about its uses on Google search.

• Posted

My b complex had about 6 different b vit in it. I do eat pretty healthy, so I think I am just going to concentrate on my diet and see how I feel. I can't remember why I started taking it, but it was during the beginning of this peri adventure and I was having lots of symptoms and my health anxiety was out the roof. I was constantly in the health food store and they were making lots of money off of me. I'm sure everytime I pulled up they were like yay! Here comes ms hormonal, she will buy something!! The only thing I know truly helps is the vitamin E. So I will continue with that and my d3. I hate swallowing pills and I take other meds that I am trying to get off of. I am trusting God. Exodus 23:25 says serve thy Lord and he will bless your food and water and remove sickness from amongst you. I am claiming that one right now!! Thank you for all your responses and support. I don't know how I would be coping without this forum😳

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.