Babies with severe dermatitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

My four months year old has dermatitis and his skin be irritating him and itches additionally on his elbows they are scaly and one side has tiny signs of clear puss seeping thru.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Poor little thing. Sounds infected! Possible trip to the doctors bless him. I'm currently on antibiotics now as mine is infected!

• Posted

Yea I'm going to make a dermatologist appointment first thing Monday morning .

• Posted

The best advice I can give is NO HEAT.  I think a lot of these types of skin problems are made worse with heat.  Like bath water or heater or even clothes.  Mine also got worse with any thing touching the rash. I went barefoot for 3 months because the rash on top of my foot couldn't have anything touching it.  Also I used cold ice rags constantly. Scratching unfortunately, makes it worse. And very hard to watch the baby at all times, I'm sure. But it'll get better even with not perfectly maintaining these concepts. Just keep it cool and free of scratching and heat. 

• Posted

Thank you and i tried putting oatmeal on his skin with coconut oil and keeping his legs and elbows moisturized but I know I need to make an appointment to the dermatologist): I was trying to do some home remedies first.
  • Posted

Put some oatmeal in a muslin bag or old tights, anything like that, run a luke warm bath with the oatmeal in it & see if that helps while you are waiting to see the Dermatologist.

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.