Bach and stomach pain since May

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I am hoping i can get some ideas and help with my stomach and back pain. I am a 46 year old woman and since May I have been struggling with lower back pan which extends to my left side and across the lower part of my stomach. I have had my kidneys and bladder checked as well as blood tests for pancretitis and two CT scans which came back with nothing. I was diagnosed with IBS with constipation years ago but this pain is different and more severe. Although I do not go regularly I doo not have trouble when I do go if that makes sense without being too graphic (hate talking about such things). Sometimes the pain wakes me up at night. At first it was lasting for about a week and then would go away but now there are more bad days than good. I am scheduled for a colonoscopy next week but would like to get any ideas from you as to what this could be since next week seems a long time off at this point. Could this just be my IBS in another more severe form? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I had my gallbladder removed years ago and I am a type 1 diabetic.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi i am 47 am i am also struggling with back pain been to all kinds of chiropractor and orthopaedic doctor nothing help. I have been doing excercises to help loosen the muscles in my back because they are connect to the spine and i have gotten a lot of relief since that. I also massage the muscle in between my thighs from crutch to the knee, and also if you put your hand on the front below the appendix to the tip of your pelvic bone and massage that muscle on both sides. Then if you are doing the right inner thigh and pelvic then you will do the left shoulder right above the breast feel for the muscle and massage that. You will be surprised. When you are sitting or lying down massage those three areas. Also get a tennis ball , when you are sitting place it for 10 minute under each butt cheek. When you are lying in the bed place the tennis ball right where it hurts not on the spine on the muscle and lie on it, no need to rock .watch a movie and relax. What this does is strech the mucles, it has done wonders for my pains.

• Posted

I dont think it has anything to do with ibs. You said all test was okay. So why the colonoscopy, did your doctor suggest this, if so did you ask why?
  • Posted

Yes the doctor did suggest it and I only agreed after the other test (kidney and bladder) had been performed. I did not ask why he wanted to perform this test just thought it was the next step in diagnosing my problem. They have ruled out diverticulitis (spelling sorry) by the two CT scans.
  • Posted

Thank you for the information for the pain. I will try that tonight and see how it works out for me. I just about missed your first post. I'm so glad I went back and checked again. I really hope it helps. I am not too sure that it is stomach related since the pain is relieved with over the counter pain meds. Seems more muscular like you suggest and I have been working out. But it flares up even while I am on vacation and not working out. But I will try this tonight. Thanks again. cheesygrin
    • Posted

I tried everything and these is what helped and i got these from a very young chiropractor and he dont want me to come back to him he prefers that i know how to manage my pain myself and it is working fine. I couldnt even turn in the bed or walk without spasms or pain , now no more spasms and very little pain once in a while..try them and let me know if you got a some relief. I havent even drank anything for pain in a long time , it is very minimal.
    • Posted

Last night I used the tennis ball and a heating pad and it did relieve the pain. But this morning I am in pain again with bloated stomach tummy issues and pressure on my bladder. Back, left side and stomach hurting. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.