Back

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can anyone help suggest anything to relieve sciatica pain is so bad I just had a knee replacement in July and for some reason now the pain from my knee is gone up-and-down my back and they say it's called sciatica pain they tell me there's nothing I can do help desperate 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bosco. Who are they???? Doesn’t sound like sciatica to me as sciatic pain is in the leg. If you are in the UK you need to get your GP to refer you for a scan so you can be sure what it is. In the meantime, find a good physio/ osteo/ chiro/ healer. Be warned, there’s a lot of rubbish ones out there. I would be amazed if there is nothing you can do. Loads of treatments for sciatica and back pain. Good luck.
    • Posted

It is sciatica pain .... The doctor said it's from the nerve block when I had my knee replacement surgery but they're saying there's nothing you can do for it 

• Posted

I have just had 9 days in hospital and been discharged with strong painkillers, and exercises.

check out this site

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/sciatica/

there are viDeos too. Mine is caused by degenerative spine disease. I have a small dreamland electric pad which is presently wrapped around my very painful leg. I presently am having to use crutches too!

The hospital referred me to the pain management team. They’ll help manage lifestyle, there’s also injections and I believe things like Tens machines.

So my advice is to get the proper referrals to help you cope.

They gave me a MRI scan: nothing fractured or trapped thank heavens.

Th at was at a different hospital where they deal with spinal matters,  and they will follow me up.

its a long haul, I’ve been told. 

Take care

• Posted

Mine came on 5 weeks post-TKR...

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/sciatic-nerve-pain-from-the-perspective-of-many-decades-629096

This falls into Category 2.  Very common in TKR recoveries...  Chiropractor + Voltaren Gel.

• Posted

In the UK we have chiropractors but they’re not regulated by the NHS, so have to go privately. Of all the health professional disciplines I have contacts in, or recommendations of, none are for a chiropractor. So, obviously if I am spending my hard earned cash, I want to know I am getting value for money.  So far, I have only seen my Physio.

Even though I have had a MRI scan by the hospital, I am still going to get a second opinion from a consultant in the field; this I am happy to pay for.

My position is complicated by an RTA end July when a stolen car hit me, almost head on. So there’s insurances to consider too.

Getting old is not for wimps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.