back ache

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have had bach ach for 5years ,it is just the same now as before,i have tried lots lots of tablets,

i am on dihydrocodeine 120mg,

these do not take the hurting away,just ease a bit,

if anybody know what will work for me please leave message

thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Combination drug therapies can be more affective than a stand alone painkiller, best to talk to your doc about your symptoms, if it is nerve pain Gabapentin can be reasonably affective or you could try an added painkiller like Tramadol or an anti-inflamatory. These meds are all dependent on your physical health and your docs willingness to prescribe more meds without looking into physio first.

Take care

Andy

• Posted

I just started using Butrans 7 day patch, still taking co-codamol 30/500 as well till I get the right dose, for me they seem to work well so far. My doc was reluctant to prescribe them till he heard from the pain clinic as he doesn't like to prescribe Morphine type pain releif. They must be good as my wife says I look and act better than I have in years, giving me a nice warming feeling in my back. I used to have DF118 at one point and I think they are a better controlled releif than them.

I wondered if they may help you, the dose does take time to build up in the system, must be better on the stomach, possibly take a while to get the right dose but must be worth a try.

Andy

• Posted

Please don't carry on relying on drugs alone. They will only ever treat the symptoms of your pain and may even, in extreme cases, mask symptoms so that you do more damage. If you have been suffering like this for 5 years you really need to go back to your doctor to try and find out what is causing your pain. Many doctors can be extremely negative about back pain and sometimes there is no cure but you have to keep trying. There may be many other treatments for your particular condition that are far more appropriate than pain killers alone. It has taken me 13 years of pestering various health professionals to get someone to acknowledge the pain I have been suffering and I have finally been offered surgery. I'm still thinking over the decision as to whether to go for that but at least the offer is there. You are not faking it, nor is the pain 'all in your head' though I'm willing to bet you have been made to feel that way at times. Keep fighting for recognition and help. If necessary, take someone else with you who will back you up - pain drains us and sometimes makes it very hard for us to stand up for ourselves but you deserve to be heard. Good luck.
  • Posted

For your chronic non specific back problem all you can have is pain killers. There seems to be no cure for it. A complementary therepy would help to get rid of your problem.

I am an energy healer. I have treated many who have had back problems with successes. I place my hands on your affected parts and run healing energy throught them. This is not faith or spiritual healing.

If you wish to duscuss further then email me on *** at ***

Mahendra Shah

[color=green:c882879535][size=9:c882879535][b:c882879535][i:c882879535](Sorry but Patient Admin have removed either a telephone number, an email address, and or web address, from this posting, as it is the policy of Patient UK not to publish these on this forum.

If you wish to communicate directly with people, you should register, for free, with the forum (click Register in the menu list below the green banner above). You and other registered members will then be able to communicate with each other via Private Messaging (PM) or e-mail.) [/i:c882879535][/b:c882879535][/size:c882879535][/color:c882879535]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.