Back ache and sore rib cage

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi ladies can any of you wonderful ladies relate to back ache and sore rib cage sometimes I feel like a burning sensation also and sometimes it radiates to the side of my breast I am starting to worry could this be another symptom of this never-ending roller coaster called perimenopause any feedback would be much appreciated thank you and God bless!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Yes! This started for me about a couple years ago. I had every test under the sun, I literally have been x-rayed my entire spine and my chest and abdomen. I have had other tests done as well, modified barium swallow, fecal testing, upper abdominal ultra sound, all heart tests. Nothing seemed to show up so I was happy about all that, but the symptoms were still there. I do think in my case it is hormonal related as I started to keep a diary, and I can tell when it shows up it is usually at the same time in my cycle, it has improved after I started seeing an osteopath, I do have poor posture and I think with age and lack of hormones and we also don't absorb nutrients the same, I think I feel it a lot more.The doctors also thought that some could be brought on by GERD, which it is possible as I do notice that I tend to have a sluggish bowel, unlike before in my thirties it was clock work. Good luck to you, it is not a pleasant feeling that I do know.

• Posted

hi takingtime

thank you so much for your reply sorry to hear that you two are on board of this never-ending roller coaster is very hard for us I know it's a difficult time of our lives going through this change I also am going through tummy issues like acid reflux cramps and bloating now that you talk about your gerds who knows if it's probably related I know our hormones are all over the place when it's not one thing it's another hopefully with God's blessings we'll through this soon I pray everyday that I can have a normal day in my life I miss my old self I don't know what it is to feel okay anymore I hope you feel better soon send you a big hug and thank you!!

• Edited

Marisolo Thank you! Yes I wonder what normal feels like anymore, everyday it seems there is something nagging, mouth burning, ovary pain, IBS, bloating, lump in the throat, aches and pains, lower back pain, upper back pain....on and on it goes. If I get a day where I feel very little I am sooooooo thankful. I try not to dwell on it, but some days it is just there and you can't ignore it. I have what I call my treasure chest of supplies of essential oils, muscle rubs, anti acids, and creams that are my go to. Just trying to sail through this as gracefully as I can...but it is not easy.I pray for all of us too. The health anxiety is the worst, because even though tests come back fine, you always worry if they should be looking further but you don't want to come off as a hypochondriac either. I have been dealing with all this for a few years now since I was 41 I am 45 now, so I just keep hoping that my body will soon adjust to these lack of hormones. I am going to see a different naturalpath in September, one that specializes in hormones and hopefully she can help me combat a few of the symptoms. The last couple days has been the right nagging pain (ovulation) that feels like my appendix is being pulled and right ovary is being punched. I hope it settles down very soon as we are booked for holidays this coming week and I would love to enjoy them.

• Edited

Same! I am 44 and have been dealing with all of the above since 41. So frustrating! It seems I am going to the doctor for something new every month! At this point, they probably do think I'm a hypochondriac! But...I'd rather be safe than sorry. It's true though...I'm always left with that "did they miss something?" feeling. Ugg! Its a never ending battle!

• Edited

Yep, I've had this here and there. My backaches tend to be in my lower back and shoulder blades, but sometimes I'll get achy around my rib cage, too. It comes and goes for me, much like the other peri symptoms. Hang in there!

• Edited

i absolutely have the same feeling, its like my rub cage is squeezing together! it usually lasts for a few days at a time!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.