Back ache over 12 months since hysterectomy

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my hysterectomy over 12 months ago and I'm still suffering really bad back ache at the lower of my back and just woundered if anyone else was experiencing the same.

Thanks Kelly

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kelly I had my op 24 weeks ago which was Nov last year. I've got got lower left side back pain which comes ans gos. But woke up with the pain after my op and it's stayed with me. But I have had problems with my bladder so not sure if it's to do with that?
    • Posted

Hi Sam

Thanks for your reply. I've also had a scan on my back because at times the pain is that awful but they say that everything is fine.

When you say you had bladder problems do you mean infections? I am very prone to water infections even before my op but I do have problems still when I can be absolutely desperate for a wee and I get there and nothing happens for a while was never like that before even though I was use to getting water infections.

• Posted

I've not had a scan as of yet just scan on my tummy to look at kidneys ans bladder and had bladder scan but nothing showed up. But yes I keep getting water infections never had them before the op. So I think they will have to go in and look into my bladder tube in case it's stuck after the op thats causing my back pain and water infections. My back pain comes and gos it's come back again this week because I think ive got another infection again. But going hospt about my bladder so I will get checked tomorrow. I did have eccpuncer which was brilliant for my lower back pain and she helped with my sleep you should try It. Is your pain there all the time?
    • Posted

No it comes and goes, I think I will try acupuncture for my back and if it helps with sleep that's two problems sorted :-)
    • Posted

Yes Kelly you should read it up. Where abouts in the UK do you live? Iam still rubbish at sleep but Iam working on it. I've been hospt today ans got to have a camera in my bladder to check to see if any problems there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.