Back again ://

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey everyone, well haven't been on as in the past few days I was feeling great. Doing housework, baking, shopping, even painted my bathroom. No silly thoughts, no looking up internet it was Brillant. Sunday I was a bit over the place with OCD my hubby and kids were so untidy I was in such a bad mood. Then yesterday great form all day busy, busy went to bed about 11 all good. Woke up at 12 and I had the most awful stomach pains, they were shocking but I knew it was wind, so after about 30 mins the 'runs' started (so too much info) well I then felt sick so started to panic I went all shaky, my heart was going so fast I felt faint, it really was awful. I just kept thinking what if I die, what if I collapse everyone's sleeping! After about ten mins I calmed down but the runs and sore stomach went on all night. Today I'm fit for nothing, just weak and tired, thankfully I'm off work this week but I've so much planned and no scared I won't be able to do my things. This aniexty is awful.....

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello.

Its great that you have had good productive days. That's a good sign. 

Please don't think that you have fine right to back where you started. Even people without anxiety have bad days..it's just that our bad days involve anxiety and overwhelming thoughts early in recovery. The fact that you are having good days is a sure sign of recovering...You are bounds to have a few moments when it tipples over but that's to be expected for a little while.

Take it easy and be gentle with yourself for a few days. You will be back on track again in no time what so ever xx

• Posted

You sound OK when you can do things. Makes sense after a bad nite you'd be worried about the next day, I've felt wasted after a nite attack but best to not  think about it by keeping active (coffee helps smile Gillian's advice is best, you'll be fine.   Do what's needed, helps to do one thing at a time, don't get overwhelmed.

Helps that you know attacks go away, you're not dying. Nite attacks are a  nuisance, hard to walk off.  I'm thinking of starting a discussion on how to prevent those but it sounds like you're concern is the days, I've had that but felt fine when active.  Take care.

• Posted

I often wake up in the night, anxiety sets in, which then results it pain and poo and heart racing.  You're bound to feel knackered the next day.  Sounds like you had a busy time (maybe too much?/!!).  I think we need to all just think that just because we have a good couple of days doesn't mean we can then just feel ok forever.  Anxiety takes a long while to build up so can't just go away after a week or so.  It does sound really positive that you had a good couple of days.  The bad times will get less I'm sure.  Just give yourself a break and a rest sometimes!! Take care x
  • Posted

Hi, so glad you had a couple of good days,but make sure you have some me time and try relax a bit with your time of work smile xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.