Back again..

Posted , 4 users are following.

I simple cannot get adrenal cancer out of my head. Ive stopped googling about it as i now know enough info to wrote a book based on it and it scared me so much. Even though the endo said i have nothing to worry about, im freaking out so much that there is a tumour on my adrenal glands. I keep searching for pictures tontry and see how long ive had this buffalo hump type thing and the longist ive found is last year abot august time on holiday, so wether ive had it way before i dont know. Ive always had a roundish face.

I dont have the stretch marks only faded ones from when i went through puberty, and im trying to work out if my tummy has got bigger, im sure it has. My temper has got worse. My glucose was normal from a test done around feb time and My blood pressure was 130 something over 60 something (dont know what this means) but the endo said nothing. I read that adrenal cancer is very had to spot so im freaking out that its way to late and that its spread already. I havent got to see the endo until the 30th april amd i havent heard anything back from the blood test.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I dont want to sound harsh, but equally there is no point in flowering around the situation

I think your obessesing and , I would go as far to say think you have something you been told you havent by a doctor and surgeon. This is Health Anxiety and 1 in 4 people between 12-25 have this.

In this country we have one of the best health care systems even thou the government are messing around with the money. If you continue on this chain of thought you could be moved on to a psychiatrist who analyse why you feel this way and is likely to try to sedate you.

I hope you can try and live your life and do the normal things you managed to do to concentrate your mind. Zumba and fitness are great  ways to  help 

• Posted

Hi Emily,

Take a deep breath and try to be calm.  I as a non medical person cannot comment  on whether or not you have adnrenal cancer.  But i do know that if your Endo had seen anything worrying they would have told you or done more tests.  If you havent' heard back from the blood tests it could be good news.  If it really worries you why not ask your Gp if he has had the results.  You can usually ring and make an appointment to speak to them.  If you see your endo on the 30th that will habe given them time to collate the results they have.  Cushings is caused by excess Cortisol which is the Adrenalin hormone so your body is in a constant state of the fight or flight situation.  Try really hard to be calm and let the professionals do their work.  Take care.

• Posted

Hi

It sounds like you are in a lot of distress. Can I ask, have you been diagnosed with Cushing syndrome? Have you had all the tests and scans?

do you have anyone to talk to about your anxiety? Perhaps get referred to talking therapies from your gp. This will help you cope with your depression and consequently your symptoms.

• Posted

Hi georgina,

No i havent been diagnosed with it but i found things on google that match. I had an mri scan that showed an enlarged pituitary gland and then another to see if there was a tumour which there wasnt; just a slight enlargement which he said i didnt need to worry.

I have a therapist who i see every monday, which has helped a little, but i still have days where i panic and think about things way too much. Its just worrying to think that i could have it and noones seen it

• Posted

Hi Emily,  I think that both your replies from jimmy and georgina are right.  Talk to your therapist and be glad that nothing really worrying has come up.  If the big bods thought there was a need for further investigations or a cause for worry they would tell you.  As Jimmy said try to focus on something to take your mind of your worries.  I am too old for Zumba but any class like that is beneficial especially physical things.  Good luck.
    • Posted

I have started focusing on exersing and have started jogging at least 3-4 times along with zumba. Ive also applied for a job and im now filling an application in for another one.

Its just the worry which bothers me because im in the unknown all the time

• Posted

Hi, That's such brilliant and positive news.  Well done you.  Don't worry about anything, you have our support.
    • Posted

Im still really worried about this enlarged pituiatary gland. Im not sure if I want to know the answer to this but; will tumours elsewhere cause an enlarge pituitary gland? I can't get over adrenal tumours and adrenal Cancer, and im trying to figure it out myself which I know is bad.
  • Posted

dear Emily,  I am so sorry but I am not medically qualified to answer your question.  You know we are here for you but you  must let the medical people look after you and do their job.  When you go take a friend with you to take notes of what is said.  Please keep calm and hang on, you will soon be aware of what is going on.
    • Posted

I can't take a friend or bf, my mum just thinks everything is fine and that I'll be overreacting by dragging everyone along.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.