Back again help !

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I’m a 26 yo male since jan I’ve neen having ongoing digestive issue I can go weeks where I’m fine perfectly normal stool then I’ll have a couple of days with loud stomach noises diarea and pain in upper left and right qaudrent my stool is usually long and fully formed then sometimes flat then go back to normal and so on and I also urinate freuquently I’ve had a ultrasound and blood tests all normal doctor has assured me this is IBS just looking for your opinions thank you in advance 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My treatment of an IBS bout is magnesium tablets , plenty of water . I try to eat only small meals and eat slow. Colfolac tablets seem to work as it relaxes the bowel and stops the bowel cramp and noises. I also cut out wheat, pasta bread etc avoid too much fruit and veg all the healthy things seem to agrevate it.I've had it for over 20 years and don't bother with doctors or hospital no more as I know it's just IBS even though it's crap when your going through it. Hope you find your own way of dealing with it. I

• Posted

So it does sound like IBS to you
  • Posted

Gareth

If you have had all the relevant tests and all I can suggest is to try different diets that many seem to be useful.

How old are you Gareth ?

BOB

• Posted

I’m 26 I’ve tried diets etc I don’t seem to have any particular food triggers alcohol is a no go tho I do know that 
  • Posted

You mention frequent urination, If you were older I would have suggested you talk to your GP.

Men can have problems when they pee as they get older, however at your age you should be ok

I am a Pensioner and go through problems when I rise up from a seat or if I go for a walk. I have been given medications and the medications seem to be controlling frequency. I generally go about ten times a day and the amounts are small 

Personally I do not know what to suggest, 

BOB

• Posted

Hi gareth47391 smile It looks like you're sufferring from IBS. Have you heard that it may be because of some changes in gut flora? If you have more bad badcteria than good bacteria in your gut, you are prone to IBS. Perhaps, eating foods rich in probiotics or taking some probiotic supplements will help your situation. I hope you'd get well smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.